Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look at his buuld thread I believe it showed all of this, and the pieces he has already cut out of metal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

That makes sense.
      '91 Laguna vert
      '89 Bronzit 325i
      '87 Royal Blau 325 Four door

Comment

thinking of offering $550.0 single stage paint jobs this month if there is significant interest

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
          thinking of offering $550.0 single stage paint jobs this month if there is significant interest
          That's already what I paid for when I got a few of my Miatas painted

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          ---------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

cool

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
              If you look at his buuld thread I believe it showed all of this, and the pieces he has already cut out of metal.

:p

Feedback!
              Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
              Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

What about two stage? And an engine bay... Lol

Feedback!

Comment

it would be a whole lot more

Comment

Ugh.

Feedback!

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

To be bluntly honest.

PAINTING SUCKS.
                      I could never have the patience to do it. This is the main justification for why I don't mind dropping $3k on a nice two stage metallic pain with low orange peel.

$550 for single stage is ridiculously cheap. That's almost just charging for labor. I'd be interested if I wasn't dead set on two-stage and fear that silver sucks as a single-stage color

Comment

I'm in the same boat as this one eyed fellow. I have lachs and its two stage. I defff need a paint job though.

Comment

Well. My dad's car is brilliantrot and it looks like the rear quarters were repainted for some reason and cleared, and it's starting to delaminate. If you made that offer in a few months I could probably convince him to do it, but right now he needs to fix some leaks on that car first.
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Thats a helluv a good deal

I recently got some stuff parts painted by Oliver on my SS schwarz car. I am extremely satisfied with the finish.

The SS product used at his MAACO is top notch and his technician lays it down better than the factory. In fact, I have to do a corrective detail on my factory finish just to match the repair done by Oliver because there is barely any orange peel in the area's his shop worked on

Suffice to say not a whole lot of shops can do SS jobs or at least do them right anymore because it is less forgiving on mistakes than two stage
                            Last edited by bmwstephen; 12-02-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                              Ugh.
                              Base/clear is a whole other process, cant treat it the same as single stage since its more sensitive, if were doing a base clear I want to do it right and doing it right takes a lot of labor time. labor time=$$$

Originally posted by One_Eyed Jack View Post
                              To be bluntly honest.

PAINTING SUCKS.
                              I could never have the patience to do it. This is the main justification for why I don't mind dropping $3k on a nice two stage metallic pain with low orange peel.

$550 for single stage is ridiculously cheap. That's almost just charging for labor. I'd be interested if I wasn't dead set on two-stage and fear that silver sucks as a single-stage color
                              metallic looks like shit in single stage, I would never recommend it, great idea to hold off until you can afford a proper base/clear, in the long run its cheaper since you don't have to paint it twice and you're not compromising on your satisfaction

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                              I'm in the same boat as this one eyed fellow. I have lachs and its two stage. I defff need a paint job though.

silver needs to always have a clear or else it looks like a metallic gray, terrible

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                              Well. My dad's car is brilliantrot and it looks like the rear quarters were repainted for some reason and cleared, and it's starting to delaminate. If you made that offer in a few months I could probably convince him to do it, but right now he needs to fix some leaks on that car first.
                              I would only do it in December maybe January, were not in the same situation we were last year were I NEEDED the cars but we have a few open slots and want to see prettier e30s

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                              Thats a helluv a good deal

I recently got some stuff parts painted by Oliver on my SS schwarz car. I am extremely satisfied with the finish.

The SS product used at his MAACO is top notch and his technician lays it down better than the factory. In fact, I have to do a corrective detail on my factory finish just to match the repair done by Oliver because there is barely any orange peel in the area's his shop worked on

Suffice to say not a whole lot of shops can do SS jobs or at least do them right anymore because it is less forgiving on mistakes that two stage
                              thanks a lot Stephen! It was a great pleasure working with you

Comment

oliver i'm going to have a not-alpine-enough e30 for you in a month or two.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X