Originally posted by blazinxpk View Post
    HI GUYS
    Loliver looks black
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
      Yes, but the motion ratio of the rear shock is more like 1.1:1. Also, this begs the question of... Why? You'd rather do that whole conversion than some simple math?
      I just want to understand it all. It's more just for my common knowledge; I've recently dug into in depth spring/suspension mechanics and was just wondering

I do ask because I've seen some Members Rides on the boards that had a rear trailing strut conversion and it looked badass; he was running something along the lines of 500f/410r so I was wondering why he wasn't running something like 650# on the rear.

Now I wanna know why he did it in the first place lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        i have a press, TAB tool and a compressor if u wanna do it when oliver does. i also have a full set of AKG mounts at home #SFDS308. new in box i could sell you as well
        How much?

Feedback!
        Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
        Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by One_Eyed Jack View Post
          I just want to understand it all. It's more just for my common knowledge; I've recently dug into in depth spring/suspension mechanics and was just wondering

I do ask because I've seen some Members Rides on the boards that had a rear trailing strut conversion and it looked badass; he was running something along the lines of 500f/410r so I was wondering why he wasn't running something like 650# on the rear.

Now I wanna know why he did it in the first place lol
          Usually for cool factor or "just because". Technically the "bending" effect of the trailing arm spring perch setup means that the rate isn't super uniform over the travel of the arm, so a coil over setup in the rear can help with that (though E36 and e46 guys can get a part called a weight jack that's pretty cool and helps with the bending... No e30 fitment though). Additionally, if you go SUPER high in spring rate it may stress the trailing arm a ton and it would be better to go rear coilover just so you could run an 800# spring instead of 2000# or whatever.

What you haven't thought about yet is that putting the spring over the shock in the rear actually cuts into your inboard tire clearance and thus is generally a performance detriment. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            i have a press, TAB tool and a compressor if u wanna do it when oliver does. i also have a full set of AKG mounts at home #SFDS308. new in box i could sell you as well
            I've already got AKG risers, my own tab tool and new tabs in there anyway, thanks though dude. :)

Comment

What you haven't thought about yet is that putting the spring over the shock in the rear actually cuts into your inboard tire clearance and thus is generally a performance detriment. ;)
              Also have to reinforce the shit out of the rear sheet metal to run real coilovers in back. As for tire fitment, go widebody with super low offset wheels. Because racecar.
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

The rear wheels I have are 15x9 et10
                That puts the inner-barrel about 1.2mm inward compared to stock weaves (AKA, the inner barrel won't even change position). However... My outer barrel has 60mm or someoddrather poke; not sure if I'll get it to fit without some crazy rolling/pulling

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                  Also have to reinforce the shit out of the rear sheet metal to run real coilovers in back. As for tire fitment, go widebody with super low offset wheels. Because racecar.
                  I have heard that the need for reinforcement is exaggerated. I think there was some discussion in the member's rides thread of the guy who works for motion control... acollela something or other. Maybe more info as to the benefits of such a setup, too.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Eyed Jack View Post
                    The rear wheels I have are 15x9 et10
                    That puts the inner-barrel about 1.2mm inward compared to stock weaves (AKA, the inner barrel won't even change position). However... My outer barrel has 60mm or someoddrather poke; not sure if I'll get it to fit without some crazy rolling/pulling
                    Wut

Moar on dem wheels plz kthx

Comment

I have personally ripped the sheetmetal off an otherwise mint e30 while running billy sports on vogtland(eibach pro kit) springs during spirited driving....
                      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
                        how much?
                        $150
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                          I have personally ripped the sheetmetal off an otherwise mint e30 while running billy sports on vogtland(eibach pro kit) springs during spirited driving....
                          Wait... Rear coilovers with OTS e30 coil springs?

Comment

i think thats whats hes saying in for pics

Comment

seen it to. rips that shit apart
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Just replaced one of my low beams (sealed) with nothing but a key and a clip that holds the grill.

Note to self: Get screwdrivers in personal tool kit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X