This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    Torsen is definitely nice for the casual driver but it's not actually a locking diff. It does feel better but it's slower around a track and less predictable. For 90% of users it's likely the better diff, but it only works under certain conditions, and is less consistent. That said, not being a locking diff has its advantages and a Torsen should be more fun in most conditions due to them.
    Right, I know it's not better for the track, especially for cars with spring rates stiff enough to lift the inside rear, which is why I specified street cars in parentheses- but as you say, that's not most of the people here (me included).

I can confirm they're more fun for spirited street driving- and to reiterate, they don't wear out like clutch-types do. I have to wonder what the actual lockup is on all these 25-year-old S-tag differentials coming out of the pick-n-pulls...
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I've never been a fan of Torsion LSDs. They seem sort of half assed. Personally I'm a huge fan of aggressive clutch type LSDs. It might be due to the fact that I learned how to drive in a car with a Detroit Locker. My Alfa had a 54% lock on the LSD and even that felt like it didn't put power down well (it was fully rebuilt with new clutches and spacers.) The diff in the M3 feels like an open diff although I know its not. I'd love to pick up a rebuilt diff for the M3 with an aggressive lockup.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
        The diff in the M3 feels like an open diff although I know its not. I'd love to pick up a rebuilt diff for the M3 with an aggressive lockup.
        same. i've gotten stuck 3 wheeling into driveways. either they are too steep or i get stuck and it hops as the clutches catch
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
          are they good cars?!?! ARE THEY GOOD CARS?!?! what kind of question is that?!?!

jk idk man.
          haha

Comment

gay
            someone went to pick and pull and took all the ecu's and icv just the 2 fucking items I needed. But put my 17" Alipinas on and my car looks super bawse. Still a little of rubbing at full lock I need to fix but can drive it.
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
              I have to disagree. It could have been better, but I played through one of the CoD campaigns a while back (I forget which one) and it was so short I burnt through it in two hours on normal difficulty. Also, the plot line was extremely convoluted and hard to follow.
              video game yuppies on here. COD is for multiplayer and tournament play, it's not for the fucking story line, it's not an adventure game. Play on hardest setting always because in multiplayer you stick your head out for a sec or 2 and you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                video game yuppies on here. COD is for multiplayer and tournament play, it's not for the fucking story line, it's not an adventure game. Play on hardest setting always because in multiplayer you stick your head out for a sec or 2 and you're dead.
                I played the multiplayer as well and it was terrible. Everybody just sat in one place and camped. Even the worst Battlefield had better multiplayer than the CoD I played. In Battlefield people actually use tactics some of the time and camping is not the only way to do well.
                sigpic

Comment

I played the multiplayer as well and it was terrible. Everybody just sat in one place and camped. Even the worst Battlefield had better multiplayer than the CoD I played. In Battlefield people actually use tactics some of the time and camping is not the only way to do well.
                  I think you just got in a bad game. Play sons team tactical.

Feedback!
                  Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                  Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

my car's got a bumhole:

cars beep boop

Comment

Ewwww fix that asap

Feedback!
                      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Rebuilt lsds with an extra disc added = happy days. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah you got into some crap match.
                          I just section off an area and just own it, you can call it camping but it's not because I'm moving around owning angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                            yeah you got into some crap match.
                            I just section off an area and just own it, you can call it camping but it's not because I'm moving around owning angles.
                            That's exactly what I mean by camping. When I play Battlefield I enjoy working with my team and the challenge provided by people working together on the enemy team. When I play BFBC2 with my friends and the teams aren't very even, my friends and I stop using normal guns and use only the smoke launcher and knife.
                            sigpic

Comment

it's hard to find people to work as a team but if you have a group then you usually do.

Comment

Stripping out the car right now:

I got the fog lights, full trunk carpet, tools/jack, spare tire, glove box, plastic next to glove box, ash tray with surround/lighter, check panel, visors, oh shit handles and panel under steering wheel. I'm keeping the speakers, obc and steering wheel for now.

Anything else I should pull?

Comment

Working...
                                X