This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
    I just raised the rear to put some brake quiet on and checked out all the bushings.

My rear wheels have play. I can rotate them back and forth even with ebrake applied. My passenger side rear sway bar end link had popped off and both sides are completely shot. Everything on this rear end is toast. It is time for me to start collecting a rear end.

I also think my steering rack is slightly shot or going out as I have a veeryy small amount of play side to side.

UGGGHHH

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    If you wanna build it out of your car and swap it in, I have a rear subframe sitting in my side yard that I should get rid off. It'll make the job easier because the subframe bushings can be a bitch to get out. I can burn em out of you if you want.

Also does anyone have a broken m20 starter I could buy/have? I need the gear for a flywheel swap. If anyone has a 323i TOB I'd be interested too. They're fuckin 90 bucks new.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Yeah, I would much rather build it out of my car and swap it in all at once. Unfortunately I have some stuff to pay off right now and wont be able to afford it. I should be gettin a job down in SD this semester so maybe in a couple months.

I might have a starter in my parts, but if I do it should be a working started as I got it from the old b27 motor I pulled from the four door.

An looking at them more I need new tires. Rears are to the wear bars and fronts will be there in a couple thousands miles. I might have to move back up to NorCal for school next year to afford all this shiz. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
        Blunt tech.
        Thanks. Ecs has the bosh one for around the same price so i might go with that one.

Comment

For anyone who was wondering what jnasti (Justin's) e28 looks like.

Proper.

Comment

Spence you or Em take anynpics of my car?

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
              For anyone who was wondering what jnasti (Justin's) e28 looks like.

Proper.

Thanks Pantless! I really appreciate the feedback. Everyone always gets on me about having no fog lights. I shall be getting them as soon as possible. Other little things come first though! I was bummed I thought I got some rolling shots of you on the way down but I didn't :(

Comment

So I attempted to make a sig and i cant seem to figure it out can someone help a bro out?

Comment

Originally posted by JNasti View Post
                  Everyone always gets on me about having no fog lights.

fuck fog lights.
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Black holes

Comment

that moment after you've spent your entire weekend swapping an engine, engine harness and cooling system and find out that person doesn't have a job and their parent's dont want to pay for the work, because it was not their idea and now you have to do paperwork just to get paid for your hard work.

this eric is pissed
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

just saying... we live in california. how often do we need them? ditch extra weight, get more airflow into the engine bay. on top of that, my valance looks way better than stock.

edit: so what are you gonna be lien-selling, eric? i need a beater.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                          edit: so what are you gonna be lien-selling, eric? i need a beater.
                          i really hope not.

i just like helping people and seeing their cars on the road and in tip top shape. but i dont wanna work for free either.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            i really hope not.

i just like helping people and seeing their cars on the road and in tip top shape. but i dont wanna work for free either.
                            well if this dude doesn't have cash and his parents aren't coughing up, i don't see another route.

and by "beater" i mean "stock e30 so i don't have to worry so much about potholes, steel plates, etc".
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                              well if this dude doesn't have cash and his parents aren't coughing up, i don't see another route.

and by "beater" i mean "stock e30 so i don't have to worry so much about potholes, steel plates, etc".

get that. swap in a good m20 and call it a DD
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                                http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4282958210.html
                                get that. swap in a good m20 and call it a DD
                                i found a beat-up gti-vr6 cheaper than that. advantage there is a hatchback can be regged with commercial plates, which gives me more parking options in SF.

anyway, hope your situation works out, but i would file a mechanic's lien tomorrow. might provide incentive for this kid to find a way to pony up what he owes you.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X