X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven View Post
    has anyone here rebuilt an x50? I has questions
    I did an M50 but ended up selling it coz of the s52.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    ---------------------------------
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by mazie30 View Post
      Whats goin on bay area r3vers
      i got a 91 318i and got into a accident and my motor and tranny mounts broke. the engine is sitting about 3 inches forward (toward the front bumper) and i took the broken mounts out, lifted the engine with a hoist but cant seem to move it back into place. need some help moving my engine back into place. got new mounts but i cant figure out how to move my engine back. anyone tryna give a helping hand to a fellow e30 owner? haha or just some suggestions of what i can do. im only posting it here cuz it would be cool to meet some of you fellas and also i just need a helping hand.
      You're just gonna have to wiggle it around and see what's stopping it
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Arriving @ 9am and then I have to go to work for another 8 hours. Gonna be a long day

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
          I did an M50 but ended up selling it coz of the s52.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
          If you're coming down here soon, can you come take a look at the timing on my engine?

Feedback!
          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

you're probably stuck on lots of stuff. You're going to have to make it like it was a motor swap.

disconnect some of the exhaust, take off the driveshaft at the trans, remove the trans brace, put a wheeled jack under the transmission to help guide it back, and clear out the engine bay as much as you can so you can see what you'll get shit hung up on. Then push it back.

Dave

Originally posted by mazie30 View Post
            Whats goin on bay area r3vers
            i got a 91 318i and got into a accident and my motor and tranny mounts broke. the engine is sitting about 3 inches forward (toward the front bumper) and i took the broken mounts out, lifted the engine with a hoist but cant seem to move it back into place. need some help moving my engine back into place. got new mounts but i cant figure out how to move my engine back. anyone tryna give a helping hand to a fellow e30 owner? haha or just some suggestions of what i can do. im only posting it here cuz it would be cool to meet some of you fellas and also i just need a helping hand.

Comment

yeah, your driveshaft probably spread out, and you'll at least need to loosen the collar nut on it to let it collapse. It will be easier to remove the whole thing, as well as the trans mounts.

also hey guys what would make an s52 lose 4 quarts of oil very very rapidly? this m3 has not stopped being "interesting".
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                also hey guys what would make an s52 lose 4 quarts of oil very very rapidly? this m3 has not stopped being "interesting".
                open the oil cap when it's running. if it's smoking it's rings.

pull your spark plugs and see if they are oily.

but that sounds like a blown HG or cracked head.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

PCV system totally blocked up?

Comment

whatever it is started rapidly after we did the manual swap, car didn't consume much oil before that. Maybe the dipstick didn't seat, or the pcv dump line cracked or ripped or didn't get reconnected.

I ordered a new cyclone separator and a few other bits and bobs, should be here wednesday. Monitoring oil usage after every extended drive up until then.

I don't think it's a cracked head or HG, the water temp is rock solid, no sludge and the coolant looks clean.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

and no oil on the ground?
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

nope
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Can we have a meet at like in n out this Friday?

Feedback!
                          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                            Can we have a meet at like my house this Friday so we can get my s50 running?
                            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Zing!
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Okay I am thinking some toronado action on Saturday and the Super Bowl party on Sunday. Looking at some 50-60" TVs before Sunday otherwise we'll be stuck with my roommates plebeian 46"... Which will be fine

I think I have invited everyone I can to the fb event, who wants to toronado the day before?

Comment

Working...
                                X