This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
    draw it in cad, and my dad can run a few of these.
    i got no skillz in that yo

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    Eric I can't tell you how excited i am to have the e30 soon! :) very much appreciated good sir
    huge amount of shot showed up today. however getting your block and flywheel machined has been hell. block guy is a week behind. and no one will resurface your dual mass flywheel.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      i got no skillz in that yo

huge amount of shot showed up today. however getting your block and flywheel machined has been hell. block guy is a week behind. and no one will resurface your dual mass flywheel.
      Balls

Hopefully we can find someone to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
        Balls

Hopefully we can find someone to do it.
        we may pull yours this weekend and if it looks better give it a quick sand and slap it in. and save the $50
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Can't upgrade to single mass setup? Too involved? I don't know jack about m20, never touched mine, just beat on it constantly and it never gave up.
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
            Can't upgrade to single mass setup? Too involved? I don't know jack about m20, never touched mine, just beat on it constantly and it never gave up.
            i would need a single mass tranny. and a different selector rod. just a pita all around
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

i would need a single mass tranny. and a different selector rod. just a pita all around
              Not really; my 1987 eta had dual mass everything original. Shallow bellhouse g260 just like 325i. Vin number on bellhouse matched chassis

Plug and played a m20b25 single mass flywheel and clutch set. Nothing else changed

I drove a m20b25 e30 325it touring in asia with s52 dual mass and clutch set installed; it also was pnp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                Not really; my 1987 eta had dual mass everything original. Shallow bellhouse g260 just like 325i. Vin number on bellhouse matched chassis

Plug and played a m20b25 single mass flywheel and clutch set. Nothing else changed
                it's an 85/86 housing. large giubo. no it will not work w/o out going to great lengths.

it's the internal sprung type.
                Last edited by Cabriolet; 02-20-2014, 10:21 AM.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Saw a clean Sterling Silver 318is today on the bay bridge heading to Alameda. I was in my ap1 s2k. Tt had 16x8-9 0 offset silver wheels, pretty low, no front lip, euro plate trim, looked really clean. Curious if anyone knows the owner?
                  91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                  ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    it does, because the selector rod angle changes as the lever goes back and forward. the joint needs to be free in all 3 dimensions.
                    this. There's almost no slop if you just get a new joint.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      this. There's almost no slop if you just get a new joint.
                      i just miss my M3's trans. it was so much more crisp than the slush g260
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Honestly I bet it just had less worn out linkage.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Honestly I bet it just had less worn out linkage.
                          this is me we are talking about. both cars had/have UUC full SSK and new bushings. i dont do worn out
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

UUC full SSK
                            well, there ya go.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

well, there ya go.
                              UUC SSK+DSSR is the best made for the e30. and yes i have tried the AKG and hate it. there is still a lot of internal slop in g260s. the g262/265 should have been in all e30s
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

UUC SSK+DSSR is the best made for the e30.
                                No. Not even close. UUC shifters are junk. Their DSSR might be a decent product, but pretty much everything UUC makes is an AKG knockoff or a cheap piece of garbage. I've been trying to warranty my "lifetime warranty" control arm bushings through them (failed within 10k miles) for almost two years now. I call Rob every 3-4 months and I always get some excuse about production and the production manager after I waste 30 minutes of my time to explain the problem with them (he manages to forget every time). Each time he says they'll be in production in 2-3 weeks and I'll get a new set then.

I'm sick and tired of their run-around game. I just want my money back.

Comment

Working...
                                X