Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run the Falken Ziex ZE512's but my vert see's low mileage. I love these tires personally. Fast tread wear just means more $ spent which is alright for a great performing tire.

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
      Ok, cool. I was also curious if you guys might agree with my reasoning for getting them. On my last set of tires, Falken Ziex 512s, I burned clean through the whole set before the first rotation. I got 7k miles out of a 400 tread wear tire. The people at the tire shop said that a more performance oriented tire might last longer for me due to my aggressive driving. It sounded reasonable to me so I thought I'd give it a shot.
      How is your alignment? I go through tires like crazy but 7k sounds extremely short.

Comment

Those tires come with a 30 K warranty from Falken by the way. Its prorated of course , but might save you some $ if you purchased from a shop. That is unless you have mad camber wear which I think nullifies the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
          How is your alignment? I go through tires like crazy but 7k sounds extremely short.
          Originally posted by e30vert View Post
          Those tires come with a 30 K warranty from Falken by the way. Its prorated of course , but might save you some $ if you purchased from a shop. That is unless you have mad camber wear which I think nullifies the warranty.
          I'm pretty sure my alignment is alright, but I haven't had it checked or anything. I would go through Falken's warranty, but I used those tires at two autocrosses, so unfortunately I voided it.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm probably gonna be picking up some 512's for my rf's soon.

Comment

I did stuff today. but i dont want you to see.
              YL7A2736 by Eric Berger, on Flickr
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Guys, I may be an idiot for this, but I need a DD and these fit my budget ($5k), and are something nice, newer, and comfy.

Found a couple E38 740i Sports and iLs, and a couple E31 840Ci on Craigslist, and am seriously considering them. Ideas/thoughts/nightmare stories?

It's no E30, but I want to try something else.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

with all the money you will save from a car that never breaks down, you can afford something with ITBs to track
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4432215135.html

with all the money you will save from a car that never breaks down, you can afford something with ITBs to track
                    not really looking to spend track car money right now, but I'll look into the Acura.

Any idea on the E31/38s? They have a reputation but how much of that is internet fearmongering?
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

i've heard nothing but expensive horror stories about those 2 cars. the e31 is sex, but a nightmare on maintenance. the e38s are the same headache but less looks.

if you want a GT car. the e39 530i is a good DD. otherwise just get an e46 for the same money.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I need to start modding it…or not.
                        - 98 M3 Cabrio
                        Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                        Instagram: @herbreal
                        Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

just leave it

Comment

I spy euro grills. Too late to keep it stock, next logical mod is an S54. Get to it.

Comment

^ What he said.
                              sigpic

Comment

Starting to daily the e30 again, wheeeee

Comment

Working...
                                X