• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
    Naw im just playing

Originally posted by jp_slick View Post
    No you can shift without the clutch.
    #axemehowIno

I'm surprised I didn't strip any dog teeth on my way back. Couldn't feel the clutch engage and my pedal was totally numb. I was driving clutchless for a good 10 miles. Granted 9 of those were freeway miles, but still :-P

Comment

Originally posted by jp_slick View Post
      No you can shift without the clutch.
      Wouldn't that reduce the life of your tranny though?

Comment

Yes

It puts a tremendous amount of wear on the dogteeth (the gears whose sole purpose is to engage the 1-2-3-4-5-R gears) and of course any gear and synchronizer you shift into without using the clutch

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
          Wouldn't that reduce the life of your tranny though?
          Yes it does, sometimes its either that or a tow truck tho. I've had to do that a couple times before.

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
            How do you start off without a clutch? Hit the gas and jam it into first?
            Turn off car. Put in 1st. Start car, drive car, shift when appropriate to not grind gears. Win. This is how I drove my s50e30 to a shop

Patrick - IG:niicknac
            RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Why the hell would you shift w/o the clutch in a non-sequential box? Retarded?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Sometimes it's manditory... Ei, when you bust a master cylinder or pop a slave cylinder.. I won't know anyone who that's happened to though

Comment

Richard had to do it on Top Gear during one of their special episodes (can't remember which one...)

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    Nice. What are you doing with the S50? How blown is it?

I'm entertaining going to the picnic, or maybe convincing wh33lhop to go and tagging along with him.
                    Probably a bent valve, haven't figured out what the issue is other than no compression in 1&2. Either way I'm putting in the s52 I have sitting in the garage. If the s50 is an easy fix, it's going into my 525it...
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                      Sometimes it's manditory... Ei, when you bust a master cylinder or pop a slave cylinder.. I won't know anyone who that's happened to though
                      me

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                      RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

I've completely parted out my bronzit 4 door if you guys need anything. I'm gonna start working on my Calypso so i need this car gone soon. So if you need any body parts, let me know.

I have one windshield for free. It's got a couple of rock chip though. But I do have a couple of windshields, windows for coupes as well.
                        Just pm for anything I might have it. I've parted out like 4 cars already. Coupes and 4 doors.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                        ---------------------------------
                        89 E30 S52
                        ---------------------------------
                        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

I'm looking for a good OEM front roundel..? :)

Comment

i had to drive my truck to class for two weeks back in high school when the clutch cable broke. i only use the clutch half the time anyway, rev matching is really easy in that truck.
                            1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                            1974 2002tii / stock
                            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Now.. I know driving clutchless from a stop is bad, but I wonder how rev-matching wears on the tranny. Obviously, it would wear a little more than just driving regularly.. But.. Eh..

I guess it's just one of those "the more you know" type of things..

Soooo happy there's officially nothing wrong with my e30 finally.. Now I can just drive it until it starts giving me problems again..

Comment

I step away from r3v for the weekend and folks be gettin banned and shizz. For shame norcal for shame.

On another note, nobody seems to be able to confirm or deny the simplicity of lat emodel fog wiring to early model fog lighting. I searched for threads about it to no avail. Just need to know is it as simple at brown to brown and other wire to other wire??

LOL
                                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                                IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X