This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
    ... today is the last day of my first year of college. It went by so fast.
    Enjoy all the girls while you can, they will all be gone once you're out of college. :pimp:
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This year was a huge disappoint when it comes to girls. Next year will be better having a roommate I know/get along with.

Comment

Originally posted by marines2060 View Post
        It rained on us the last time we went the first day. We were so excited to ride we did anyways. We went to the top of the grade and rode all the way down to cal poly and then back to my friend Chris's house. All of us were absolutely soaked, but doing all of that was one if the best experience I've had on a bike. I don't think anybody fell either which surprised me.
        Do you know what trails you rode? I'm guessing you went up TV tower road, and came down either Shooters, or perhaps morning glory (the top of MG starts just below the TV towers) Once down to the railroad tracks I'm guessing you came down either Stenner creek or Poly Canyon (dumps you out at the dorms on campus) My typical dirt ride was up Stenner creek, up Shooters, over to Morning Glory, down MG back to where it ties in with Shooters, and then down Poly Canyon. It was about a 2 hr ride if I remember correctly.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          This year was a huge disappoint when it comes to girls. Next year will be better having a roommate I know/get along with.
          just be happy you arent an engineer at SJSU. huge lack of girls and the ones there, not great.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Will, were you at Sonomas Vintage Racing last month? There was a ton of Alfas there, I think I even remember seeing a Datsun also

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            just be happy you arent an engineer at SJSU. huge lack of girls and the ones there, not great.

being an engineer in general kills the ratio, but San Jose in general sucks for the male/ female ratio. Ive heard it referred to as Man Jose lol. When I was an engineering student at Fresno State, it was a 1/10 ratio of girls to guys IN the Engineering Dept, but the campus was pretty good. I did enjoy my Colombian Teacher. Couldnt understand anything she said, but she was great to look at. I used to visit her office hours all the time to get "extra help"
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Mechanical Engineer at sdsu wont be so bad....

Comment

You're in San Diego. You should have zero trouble. Just dont get any STDs :rofl:
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Will, were you at Sonomas Vintage Racing last month? There was a ton of Alfas there, I think I even remember seeing a Datsun also

being an engineer in general kills the ratio, but San Jose in general sucks for the male/ female ratio. Ive heard it referred to as Man Jose lol
                  Nope, I was in Porterville helping my mother pack to move that weekend. Trust me, I'd have rather been at the CSRG race.

Here is a rare shot of me from about 2001 at the Sequoia Classic in Visalia, I broke that frame about a month later.

Spencer's dad has ridden with me, or rather tried to stay on my wheel a few times. When I am riding well even out of form, I can still put the hurt on.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    Its my understanding the newer motor is actually a piece of shit prone to shedding its nikasil cylinder linings and eating rod bearings when pushed hard. Sure its got more hp, but at the cost of reliability. If you are going to molest a car, at least choose a superior motor and use a shell that isn't rare. Better yet, just buy the car that comes with the motor you want. If you need to swap the wrong motor into the car, you bought the wrong car. The S38 isn't a slouch and is plenty reliable. Does the S38 have room for improvement? Yep, and I'd bet it would cost less to improve it than to swap an inferior more modern motor into the car.
                    I look at that car and think what a waste of an awesome car.

Will
                    Yes, yes. Let the hate flow through you.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      Nope, I was in Porterville helping my mother pack to move that weekend. Trust me, I'd have rather been at the CSRG race.

Here is a rare shot of me from about 2001 at the Sequoia Classic in Visalia, I broke that frame about a month later.

Spencer's dad has ridden with me, or rather tried to stay on my wheel a few times. When I am riding well even out of form, I can still put the hurt on.

Will
                      I did that crit in 08!

Comment

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
                        Your Dad is an Animal Spence. I'll never forget my first ride with him. He asked me if he could "tag along" on one of my MTB training rides...which averaged 30 miles. He showed up on this POS Ross that looked like it had been sitting in a field for years. Two different pedals, siezed headset, top mount thumb shifters... and tennis shoes. That guy pulled me the entire ride, headset squeaking the entire way. Talk about humbled. I was in phenominal shape and he barely broke a sweat...respect.

...and he's ridden across the US...TWICE!

Hahahaha sounds kinda like my dad.

When did he ride across the second time? I only know about the one time.

Comment

Quite the thread you started here, Pantless !
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

pretty much first thing I do once I start my job is get a proper bike. Current one's begun fatiguing itself apart.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

When did he ride across the second time? I only know about the one time.
                              Maybe I'm just makin' things up. Thought he did it twice...what, once isn't impressive enough?

I also remember him complaining about his arm getting sore while riding through Kansas 'cause everybody was waiving at him...great stories...
                              Suspension tips here...
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
                                Maybe I'm just makin' things up. Thought he did it twice...what, once isn't impressive enough?

I also remember him complaining about his arm getting sore while riding through Kansas 'cause everybody was waiving at him...great stories...

Yeah it was the once, back in like 97.

But he did do the ragbri (sp?) a few years back, where they ride across Iowa iirc.

That trip was hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X