Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Vivek;4152995]My clutch fan was tapping on a hose clamp making the clicking sound you heard. Dimitry looked at it and everyone agreed it sounded mostly fine.

Also about the fuel pump. Is an internal blockage the only thing that'd cause a short? That's what I thought at first too, but it's been fine, 100ish miles since then.[/

Often (older a bit more experianced) members post data to educate or assist others. Perhaps this altruistic sentiment needs to end.

I think there is an art of common sense that is LOST among this smart phone addicted generation; LOGIC is pretty easy for any electronic fuel pump.

Power (from battery)
    -->
    fusebox
    -->
    wires
    --> fuel pump

if the fuse box blows the fuse and the wires are not melted then...........its either the Battery blowing the fuel pump fuse??? or the fuel pump itself.

a fuel pump is a small electronic pump; there is electricity inside it.

when there is a short the electronic charge carrying components internally are touching; causing a short.

IF you have bad wiring between the fuse box and pump it would be very typical R3vtard behavior.
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Got around to installing my e36 M3 steering rack & restoring power steering. Tis amazing!

Comment

[QUOTE=Wanganstyle;4153145]
        Originally posted by Vivek View Post
        My clutch fan was tapping on a hose clamp making the clicking sound you heard. Dimitry looked at it and everyone agreed it sounded mostly fine.

Also about the fuel pump. Is an internal blockage the only thing that'd cause a short? That's what I thought at first too, but it's been fine, 100ish miles since then.[/

Often (older a bit more experianced) members post data to educate or assist others. Perhaps this altruistic sentiment needs to end.

I think there is an art of common sense that is LOST among this smart phone addicted generation; LOGIC is pretty easy for any electronic fuel pump.

Power (from battery)
        -->
        fusebox
        -->
        wires
        --> fuel pump

if the fuse box blows the fuse and the wires are not melted then...........its either the Battery blowing the fuel pump fuse??? or the fuel pump itself.

a fuel pump is a small electronic pump; there is electricity inside it.

when there is a short the electronic charge carrying components internally are touching; causing a short.

IF you have bad wiring between the fuse box and pump it would be very typical R3vtard behavior.
        Damn man I didn't mean to come across as rude. I always appreciate your help. I've only been working on cars a few years and everything electrical is still foreign to me. I was just wondering if maybe something in the connector was an issue, because after I unplugged it and tested the voltage it worked fine. The wiring to the pump has never been touched to my knowledge.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
          My clutch fan was tapping on a hose clamp making the clicking sound you heard. Dimitry looked at it and everyone agreed it sounded mostly fine..
          oh. thx god. i thought it was the chain not getting oil
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Anyone have a smoke tester? I have a feeling my car may have a very slight air leak, but idk. When I'm driving at a constant speed with constant throttle input (especially in higher gears and speeds, like 5th on the highway), the engine noise and vibration kinda goes up and down slightly. It's hard to describe. The speed and rpm don't change, but the engine sounds and feels like its being given a fluctuating throttle input. Idle is pretty much fine.
            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

anyone in search of a OE M20 exhaust? Just took the one off my 323i, has a magnaflow dual 2.25" cat with about 1500 miles on it.
              cars beep boop

Comment

What did you replace it with? Im exploring exhaust ideas for my eta and I'm not too sure what I want to do.

Comment

what's wrong with the way it is? plenty of power and sounds ok/good.
                  It has a full "i" exhaust.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                    What did you replace it with? Im exploring exhaust ideas for my eta and I'm not too sure what I want to do.
                    I replaced it with air

going to weld up a full dual 2.25 thing to some sort of muffler when the s52 goes in.. whenever i get to that stage
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                      what's wrong with the way it is? plenty of power and sounds ok/good.
                      It has a full "i" exhaust.
                      Well, I got a job and got caught up working so I forgot about the whole cat situation. Recently remember and I figured I'd look into doing a whole different settup.

Comment

ain't broken, don't fix, etc
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

HNNNGGGGGG

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post

hhhhhhhnnnnnnnngggggggggg

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
                              I'd drive that. Heck if I had it I'd likely daily drive that over the m3 simply because its older and doesn't need to be smogged. I was looking for a E9 at the same time I was looking for the M3, I didn't find an E9 that I liked at the time, so M3 it was. I'd still like to add an E9 to the collection some day. No, I wouldn't trade the M3 for an E9.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

isn't 1974 still a smog year? i thought it was '73 or newer and you're goin' to see the man...
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X