This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    Does the ecu need to get used to a new o2 sensor? I drove it like 20 (hardish) miles on the new sensor. I'm about to get the smog numbers again, but it doesn't feel much better.
    yeah, M1.3 might be adjusting to a functioning sensor after trying to make a non-f one work for a while, but remember it's still only a narrowband... reads one voltage above stoich, another below, that's it. i'm still calling vacuum leak.

edit: managed to turn a stressful evening yesterday into a possible opportunity today. on my way home from work, got a call from the rental agent, saying landlord was visiting from asia and wanted to see the unit (she bought it sight-unseen as investment property). so the gf and i took half an hour, cleaned up a bit, hid our bearded dragon in the closet, and i gave her a tour, during which she advised she'd be raising the rent when renewing our lease (it's been month-to-month for a couple months now).

today i called rental agent back and said "if she's raising the rent, i want option to rent-to-own in next lease". turns out she'd been thinking about selling anyway, and he got real excited when i reminded him i have the VA loan program (guarantees that lender gets paid in event of default; banks love it). might end up owning this condo after a couple years... would be nice, i love everything about living here except that i can't work on my own car.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Opinions on rivet on fender flares?

Also how hard is it to get front and rear m3 flares? are reps any good?

Feedback!
      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
        yeah, M1.3 might be adjusting to a functioning sensor after trying to make a non-f one work for a while, but remember it's still only a narrowband... reads one voltage above stoich, another below, that's it. i'm still calling vacuum leak.
        Are you sure about the reading? Reading online it seemed like they have a voltage range that goes up and down based on the amount of o2 in the exhaust. But idk that could have been post OBDII but I'd assume they were the same

Anyways, I passed with flying colors with the new sensor. HC that was around 1700-2000PPM went down to 48.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

these computers like there o2 readings

Comment

will these fit on my car?

Feedback!
            Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
            Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Yes you can custom order huge spacers. They're like adapters just with the same bolt pattern on both sides.
              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                Opinions on rivet on fender flares?
                Not on your car brah

If it was a dedicated track car that needed the extra 1.5" wheel width, then yeah

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                yes, you can fit them with like 40+mm spacers, and as it looks like you were considering: fender flares

However, think of it this way
                You have almost a full 2 inches between your hub and your wheel. That is a LOT of torque pressure being put into your wheel/bolts and strut.

I would not feel comfortable running any spacer over 10-15mm. But then again, I am a nazi for proper offsets and running wheels without spacers/adapters.

There is a reason why track guys run wheels without spacers/adapters
                Last edited by JinormusJ; 07-02-2014, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with spacers, no more then 20mm slip on with proper length studs. Anything longer, bolt on is fine.

I track my car with motorsport hardware studs and spacers along with other guys, no issues.

Heck Andy Hateley runs his fd car with like 3" bolt on spacers... I kid you not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
                  -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Holy crap

75mm spacers. That's pretty insane

Comment

some people have the stupidest ideas on here.
                      "I wanna see da boat movie"
                      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Say that to the two wheels I lost because of spacers

Comment

what should I get on my plate for the M3?
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                            Say that to the two wheels I lost because of wrong type of spacers
                            fixed

i ran 20mm spacers on my mtech2 for 3 years, autox and long mileage trips 0 issues.

buy quality hubcentric spacers and studs, you will never have an issue
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

it's not about the overall spacer size, it's about how far the centerline of the wheel is from the bearings. in any case, 20mm is as high as i'd go without being uncomfortable.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

speaking of spacers, anyone want to trade my 10s for their 15s? trying to go out just a little more. i have the extended lugs to go with mine
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X