Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'69 Karmann Ghia, 3.6l Porsche 993 engine refined with GT3 Cup parts. 320HP, 386nm, 3.55kg/HP, 190MPH, 7250RPM = Ghia 993 RS. Enjoy! http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1449/74374127.jpg

past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      My friend back in the day had a M10 318 that was bone stock but had some sticky Toyos. I have never seen Hicks Rd raped so hard before in my life. Body roll and a complete momentum car, but damn it was fun. Also, they are the lightest E30 to show up on our shores. Even after adding the better parts you still have a nice weight advantage over other E30s. Important if you are into those things.

Agha jaan,

Last summer (and the one before that), we had a couple drives out on Hwy 35/Skyline area of SF Peninsula. It was a bunch of us with swapped, even turbo s52 e36, Porsches, and my M42 318i.

These are some srs roads and I was able to more or less keep on guys' bumpers with my chipped lowered, slightly stiffened 318i roof-racked four door with shitty ass tires.

Guess you could say simplicity isn't always FTL. :finger:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
        Not a bad deal here even after getting them fixed. Love the ways these look on e30's.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/pts/4561336188.html

good shape new tires
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

...and Im driving up to Seattle next weekend and could bring them back down for a little gas money :)
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well I tried to help my car but I made it worst. E brake adjusting with the rotors on is a little beyond me, gonna have the guys at my local shop help me out with my ebrake issue....

I need to order new dust shields. Shit I might as well order new wheel bearings and get the subframe redone at the same time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

Funnily enough, I wanted to post this in here yesterday.

I showed them to my brother and he loved em. Wants them for his future e30 lol

Comment

Called my friends down the street, they gave me some good advice, I'll try and tackle it tmw mornin before work.

Comment

I saw those for sale like 2 hours after I posted. lol. I love those wheels.

Comment

just send it back to canon to get fixed. the mark II is really old now and not worth the money.
                    Sorry meant Mark III. Also looking at the 7D vs 6D vs 5d M3. Any input? Money wise there is a huge difference and honestly i rarely shoot low light, mostly outdoor landscape, portraits and cars.

Feedback!
                    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

anything in the canon line that isnt a 5d mk iii is a waste of time.

also just emailed rotiform for a quote
                      tmb race wheels
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                        Sorry meant Mark III. Also looking at the 7D vs 6D vs 5d M3. Any input? Money wise there is a huge difference and honestly i rarely shoot low light, mostly outdoor landscape, portraits and cars.
                        Anything full frame is beast. I would try to invest in glass rather than getting a really expensive body. That said a 5D Mark 2 with good glass would be more than enough. Just look at the specs of a camera and ask your self would you be able to use it to its full potential? Good low light performance is nice to have in general. You'll find your self frustrated when you're pushing the ISO and your images come out like poo. I shoot with a 60D and it's enough for me. If I had the money I would get a Sony A7S and use old Minolta glass because I hate carrying around heavy gear.

anything in the canon line that isnt a 5d mk iii is a waste of time.
                        Orly?

Comment

I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice. - Kanye West

-Cabriolet
                          world renown Harry Potter expert
                          sigpic

Comment

well i've used the 5D mk2, had a 60D, used the t4i and 20D, and now own the 5d mk3. i've shot 69,000 shots. so if any of you think you know better than me, go ahead and correct me. if not, just stalp.
                            the 5D mk3 is amazing at video, in low light it is amazing. where all the other canons have failed. it actually focuses in low light. it isn't grainy as a mofo in low light.

now if you dont have $2700 to drop. the mirrorless cameras are way way better for the same money. lighter, smaller, faster, easier to use.

shot this on my camera a few weekends ago.

PS the 5d mk3 has on camera HDR and has about 20 settings with in that.
                            4/5 shots with my 60D were out of focus.
                            Last edited by Cabriolet; 07-16-2014, 11:44 PM.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

WoW thanks for the new wallpaper what a great shot!

Comment

I'm just saying, having the latest and greatest gear doesn't necessarily make you a better photographer….But that's none of my business

Taken with a 60D with a lens that costs <$100

I've shot with most xxD canons, 7D, 5D2, most rebels even the Rebel G(film), 70's Pentax Super ME, some film nikons etc..
                                But yes the 5D3 is a far superior camera.
                                HDR isn't hard to do even with the 60D. I'd rather take a six shot bracket and then merge them in HDR Pro instead of the three shot bracket you get on camera with the 5D3. You probably had it on the wrong AF setting where it refocused before every shot, its easier just to put the lens on MF.
                                Last edited by 3vilE30; 07-17-2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X