Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions requested: what is a plug-and-play DBilas ITB setup for an M42 worth? (this is a feeler.)

context: the way you get them from DBilas is a pretty un-tuned state; i had to bump injector size from 19lb to 24lb and add an adjustable FPR to get the AFR where it should be (13.75:1 as per MarkD's recommend).

what i'd be selling is a retard-simple pre-tuned install package with injectors, fuel rail, and FPR included/attached; unbolt your shitty M42 intake manifold and intake boot, and bolt down the sexy DBilas stuff, hook up the fuel lines, AFM, and throttle cable, and away you go.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
      I want a rack also.Tons of them on cl but I want it on the uber cheaps
      Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
      I want roof rack
      Still trying to chase one down on CL...
      I *might* be selling my Thrule cross bars w/locks & key and O.G. Thule Tray.

Why? Because I discovered that my pops bought a brand new set of Thule square-profile bars with brand new locks/key/fairing and its been sitting in our garage for a couple of years. They are literally identical, just 10+ years newer.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
        I *might* be selling my Thrule cross bars w/locks & key and O.G. Thule Tray.

Why? Because I discovered that my pops bought a brand new set of Thule square-profile bars with brand new locks/key/fairing and its been sitting in our garage for a couple of years. They are literally identical, just 10+ years newer.

I call dibs

I'll shoot you a PM

HMB dawgy

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          I call dibs

I'll shoot you a PM

HMB dawgy

yee. forgot to mention, im keeping the surf pads and the 594XT Thule carrier...
          ...would be parting with the bars,feet,locks,fairing and old skool Thule tray.
          Possibly the snowboard rack cause I sold my last snowboard end of high school :(

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

I wouldn't need the surf or bike carriers (yet). The Thule bucket/tray is exactly what I've been looking for as a starting point

Comment

Well I'm back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                Well I'm back home.
                is that your daily achievement when driving a car with no brakes?
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I am interested in an lsd. What should I expect to pay for a 3.73 lsd is decent condition? What should I look for when buying one?

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                    is that your daily achievement when driving a car with no brakes?

I has brakes, but no ebrakes.

But I was in Las Vegas for 9 days.

Comment

Originally posted by blazinxpk View Post
                      I am interested in an lsd. What should I expect to pay for a 3.73 lsd is decent condition? What should I look for when buying one?
                      Probably $250-300 or so. Leaks, lockup/breakaway torque, ask about noise/whine and I suppose you could feel the gear lash. Make sure it's an LSD (feel lockup/search for stamped S), confirm the ratio either by the tag or counting revolutions.

Honestly it is kind of a crap shoot, most LSDs are worn out at this point and a lot of them are noisy, yet annoyingly most open diffs are quiet. But you can replace the output bearings/seals and clutches relatively easily (though clutches will run you about $200). The ring and pinion and input bearing are a bit harder to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                        I has brakes, but no ebrakes.
                        In 2010 I drove my Alfa GTV back from Scotts Valley over Highway 17 at night with no brakes. The only hard part was the 680 toll booth for the bridge. The e-brake sucked and just barely stopped the car. The reason for no brakes took me a while to diagnose, the master cylinder died internally. It didn't leak, it would
                        push fluid with the caliper bleeders open, but wouldn't hold enough pressure to stop the car. That cars worst thing was its brakes, or its lack there of. It was the lack of brakes that got it parked in 1974 in the first place.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Anyone have any exhaust bits for sale. I need everything from the head back.

Comment

Originally posted by Milehigh30 View Post
                            Anyone have any exhaust bits for sale. I need everything from the head back.
                            I have a full stock exhaust from a 323i that I'm looking to sell, with a several-month-old magnaflow cat on it. shoot me a pm if interested
                            cars beep boop

Comment

also sup folks
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Sup guise
                                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X