This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarHammer 2/1 View Post
    Yea I wish I could get my hands on a euro s5x engine. I pissed off some fanboys on fb last night. I told them that I didn't think the us s5x was a real M engine and it was just a glorified M50.
    yup, that gets me in trouble a lot. ITBs or not real M engine
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Im pretty sure CAtuned has a EuroS50, not sure if its for sale though, but Im willing to say for the right price, they will sell...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Eric will never do a 24v swap, m20 is already too much powa for him...
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WarHammer 2/1 View Post
          Is the s50 swap a lot of work? Also how much is the little stuff, everything excluding the engine and dme?
          I just did an s50 swap.

Price is completely dependent on what quality of stuff you put into it. I ended up getting great prices on things so it didn't cost me too much to do, but most of those were once in a lifetime type deals.

With that in mind expect $6k if you do it correctly.

Time wise it depends what you do and if you have everything ready to go before you start the swap. Mine took 6 months keeping in mind I didn't have all the parts ready and I completely shaved my bay. A normal swap sould take anywhere from a weekend to a few months depending how much time you can dedicate and if you have stuff ready.

The most important part of doing a swap is the research involved... No joke I researched the swap for something like 6 months before I even bought one related part. If you do not know what you're doing prior to starting then you'll have a hard time.

Wiring is the hardest part of the swap IMO, many hours of going through different people's write-ups and the ETMs to my car.... I know the wiring of my car like the back of my hand now.

A swap is time consuming and can be difficult at times.. You need to have the motivation to push through it when you come to a block. My engine wouldn't start for a month and after a shit ton of trying different stuff it ended up being a bad wiring harness that was my problem.. needless to say I was pissed when I found out that it was something so simple.

Feedback!
          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
            I just did an s50 swap.

Price is completely dependent on what quality of stuff you put into it. I ended up getting great prices on things so it didn't cost me too much to do, but most of those were once in a lifetime type deals.

With that in mind expect $6k if you do it correctly.

Time wise it depends what you do and if you have everything ready to go before you start the swap. Mine took 6 months keeping in mind I didn't have all the parts ready and I completely shaved my bay. A normal swap sould take anywhere from a weekend to a few months depending how much time you can dedicate and if you have stuff ready.

The most important part of doing a swap is the research involved... No joke I researched the swap for something like 6 months before I even bought one related part. If you do not know what you're doing prior to starting then you'll have a hard time.

Wiring is the hardest part of the swap IMO, many hours of going through different people's write-ups and the ETMs to my car.... I know the wiring of my car like the back of my hand now.

A swap is time consuming and can be difficult at times.. You need to have the motivation to push through it when you come to a block. My engine wouldn't start for a month and after a shit ton of trying different stuff it ended up being a bad wiring harness that was my problem.. needless to say I was pissed when I found out that it was something so simple.
            Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              how about an SRT/10 swap?
              sup
              Learn more about Viper Powered 2001 Honda S2000 on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Im pretty sure CAtuned has a EuroS50, not sure if its for sale though, but Im willing to say for the right price, they will sell...
                Last time I asked, Igor had two

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                  ewwwww those wheels. and ewwww that car. nice engine tho
                  i guess he ran out of money and had to buy reps

but its a s2k bro, its a rad car even if it is a honda

Comment

someone jump on this right meow: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4671937569.html
                    cars beep boop

Comment

ohh nooo, sealed beams! tragedy!
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        ohh nooo, sealed beams! tragedy!
                        my bmw came from germany as well.

dude, car isnt worth it.
                        no miles, no engine info, no interior shots, etc

The ad must be written by a r3ver
                        Last edited by Cabriolet; 09-18-2014, 11:39 AM.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

I'm seeing 4k for a straight, clean e30 with intact paint, the right bumpers, zender body bits, proper BBS RA's, no shitty federalization drill holes, that hasn't been molested by a baggypants cut springs sticker idiot like every other e30 currently for sale. IMO that's the best e30 deal I've seen on CL for months.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

early models don't have projectors i have no idea why you're so hung up about them

i'm also not saying go to a bank right now, i'm saying that if it checks out and is in nice shape in person, it would be a good deal. you do know that you can look at cars in person before deciding whether to purchase them, right?
                            cars beep boop

Comment

It probably had the federalized side markers shaved when they sprayed it. I would like to know more about it
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

early models don't have projectors i have no idea why you're so hung up about them
                                87/88/89 are projector cars. 84-86, 90-93 sealed beam. something doesnt ad up.

i'm also not saying go to a bank right now, i'm saying that if it checks out and is in nice shape in person, it would be a good deal. you do know that you can look at cars in person before deciding whether to purchase them, right?
                                much confused

It does have an e30M3 antenna. wtf?
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X