Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debating wether I should get catuned coils or ball out and get some ground controls

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
      Debating wether I should get catuned coils or ball out and get some ground controls
      wont your uncle hook you up?
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Had my interview for a big boy analyst position at a bulge bracket bank at noon today.
        I kid y'all not, industrials managing director to me:

"I see that you mentioned vintage automobile restoration in your interests, would you mind elaborating on that for me"

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
          Had my interview for a big boy analyst position at a bulge bracket bank at noon today.
          I kid y'all not, industrials managing director to me:

"I see that you mentioned vintage automobile restoration in your interests, would you mind elaborating on that for me"

Did you tell him you like to stance 80s econoboxs?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Did you tell him you like to stance 80s econoboxs?
            Haha I mentioned ye olde Peugeot and he got hella stoked (he was British).

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Ive got a stock 325 i exhaust pipe with the down pipes. Came off my vert. It has one small rust spot on the can and it does not hiss or affect tone of the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeshin View Post
                Anyone know where I can get my Getrag 260 rebuilt in the Bay Area (San Jose area)?
                All the shops I've called said they "don't do BMW transmissions." I know CATuned offers rebuilt units, but they don't have any ready to go and Igor has been pretty busy lately. Sacramento is also pretty far away. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Go to Pick and Pull and drop one out of a scrapped e30.

Comment

kronus beat you to it
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    wont your uncle hook you up?

I'm not sure if mark can help people out with gc stuff anymore, he no longer works there.

I wouldn't want to put him in an awkward position because I'm not sure how the relationship with him and jay (owner of gc) is right now.

Regardless mark is far more important to me than a silly discount or hookup. I have more than enough money for either set up, just not sure which route I wanna take... I've heard the catuned set up is really good for a dd, but I'm not sure how I want them welded... And I might want a stiffer spring rate for better corner performance.

Comment

Plus all that and I don't wanna put my car out of commission for more than two days. I have a 35+ minute commute and I need the e30. Can't send struts to gc, but catuned does a core exchange, that's very appealing to me.

Comment

i've never ridden in one of igor's cars so i really cant comment. i like GCs, i think they are a good budget brand coilover. but after ridding in wheelhop's AST car, i can tell you, that was life changing. however, what i have in my car i think is better for a street car.
                        Koni yellow SA, GC f415/r625 inserts, rubber tophats, rubber bushings. it really works out to be a nice ride, rather than a racecar ride.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

I have nearly the same setup in the vert ^^ Just different spring rates...

I really like my GC's as I am not tracking the car and dont need some uber setup that will be way overkill for spirited street driving. The law of "diminishing returns" should be observed on suspensions just as it is on things like high end speakers.

Find a set of good used struts and then do all the prework to the struts so they are ready to bolt up. (Measuring, cutting, grinding, welding, more grinding, paint or coating)

Actually , if you find a set of struts that are in good condition I will do all of the above for you plus coating in your chosen color of powdercoat.

Here is the way that one modifies the struts.

and one I took after the passenger side was cut and welded with the D Ring. I also added M3 tabs to the strut assemblies.

Last edited by e30vert; 11-06-2014, 07:56 PM. Reason: grammar , addition of information

Comment

Hi

this is all
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
                              I have nearly the same setup in the vert ^^ Just different spring rates...

I really like my GC's as I am not tracking the car and dont need some uber setup that will be way overkill for spirited street driving. The law of "diminishing returns" should be observed on suspensions just as it is on things like high end speakers.

Find a set of good used struts and then do all the prework to the struts so they are ready to bolt up. (Measuring, cutting, grinding, welding, more grinding, paint or coating)

Actually , if you find a set of struts that are in good condition I will do all of the above for you plus coating in your chosen color of powdercoat.

Here is the way that one modifies the struts.

and one I took after the passenger side was cut and welded with the D Ring. I also added M3 tabs to the strut assemblies.

very convincing mr e30 vert. i might have to take you up on that good sir!

Comment

Sup

Comment

Working...
                                X