This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by animal View Post
    registered as a vendor for BF - will be next to Brembo, BBS and BMW Santa Barbara near the vendor entrance!

Who's going?
    me. I should try and register and get a bunch of consoles and and stuffs. How much was it for a booth?

Feedback!
    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

I'm gonna try and make it this year. Too bad, about Fontana, Santa Barbara was fun
      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

hasnt been in SB for years

Comment

Last time I went was 7 years ago.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Anyone hear about The Jacka getting killed? RIP. Threw me a J at a concert in my youth.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              Anyone hear about The Jacka getting killed? RIP. Threw me a J at a concert in my youth.
              wow you are late to the party. they posted that he was shot and his name 2 hours after it happened. (monday)
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Just introducing myself. Lone time lurker here, I will try to be more frequent on the forums!

Just picked up a 1989 325 vert on eibach suspension. Over in El Sobrante but work in Oakland!

If anyone has a late model valance let me know, I'm interested!
                1991 318iS
                1998 M3 Sedan
                2000 323i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                  wow you are late to the party. they posted that he was shot and his name 2 hours after it happened. (monday)
                  Haha I know, I found out through Lugo immediately then.

I just haven't been on R3V all week, stupid midterms.

How is college lyfe btw, Eric? Are you doing only 2 years?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Johal E32 View Post
                    Just introducing myself. Lone time lurker here, I will try to be more frequent on the forums!

Just picked up a 1989 325 vert on eibach suspension. Over in El Sobrante but work in Oakland!

If anyone has a late model valance let me know, I'm interested!
                    Welcome BooBoo

Don't go plastic bumpers on an early model; do it right and go euro valence with euro bumpers
                    I've never thought plastic bumpers looked right with that rear valence

Comment

I never thought anything looked right with that rear valence

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                        Welcome BooBoo

Don't go plastic bumpers on an early model; do it right and go euro valence with euro bumpers
                        I've never thought plastic bumpers looked right with that rear valence
                        Thanks!

I thought it doesn't look too bad. Ideally a 325ES/IS front looks pretty sharp, I am simply not a fan of how the fogs are mounts on this car..

I guess I shall start with a bumper tuck.

Diving board with late model valance, no bumper tuck. (My car is this color, same suspension. Eibach/Bilstein)

1991 318iS
                        1998 M3 Sedan
                        2000 323i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                          How is college lyfe btw, Eric? Are you doing only 2 years?
                          ya i gots about 2 years worth of classes left. sac state is so much better than sjsu. i cant even believe that sjsu can get people to go to it. i've learned more in my first 2 weeks here than the 2 years at sjsu.

Thanks!
                          I thought it doesn't look too bad. Ideally a 325ES/IS front looks pretty sharp, I am simply not a fan of how the fogs are mounts on this car..

I guess I shall start with a bumper tuck.
                          don't bumper tuck. get the vert bumper shocks and call it a day. tucked looks retarded and does nothing for the car in a minor accident. i got hit in my first e30, so rear end swiped me. did $5 of damage to my car and totaled her.

plastic bumpers on an early car are over played.

euro bumpers with a bbs or mtech1 valence is going to be the coolest and most head turns for the time and money.

also you gave away the fact that you are from india, "shall" isn't used that way in the US. :P
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

also you gave away the fact that you are from india, "shall" isn't used that way in the US. :P
                            This is a bullshit comment.
                            1971 2002 -- 1975 525 -- 1987 535is -- 2002 M5 -- 2006 x3 msport 6mt

Comment

Thanks!

Not exactly the front I'm worried about; it's the rear: once you try to put a plastic bumper on the rear, you'll see what I mean. The rear plastic bumper is huge and almost covers the entire rear valence. Looks very shoddy and out of place. Unless your replacing (read:cut and weld) the entire rear valence as well, it won't look right; plus it's a lot of work

Which is why I always recommend the thin Euro bumpers and Euro valence to early model owners. Looks way better than a plastic bumper hack-job and way better than US metal bumpers. Plus it has that classy chrome look and you don't have to worry about paint (because glacíerblaü is a níche color and will be very hard to find paint matched bumpers for)

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                              I never thought anything looked right with that rear valence
                              Yero Bumpers look good
                              I actually prefer it; would love to pick up a 1987 iS just so I can have the early model rear valence/lights but euro it out
                              Last edited by JinormusJ; 02-05-2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

his usage of "shall" is grammatically correct.

if he had described a bumper tuck as "the needful", then we'd know he's from India.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X