This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    You shouldn't be using the brakes that much. We are building the course this afternoon, but I highly doubt there will be an excessive need for brakes. The courses tend to be quick and hard stab on the brakes then off. There will be some technical tight areas, and possibly others that are 80+ mph. We are looking to build a course were TTOD is about 65 seconds.

Sounds like there will be a decent collection of E30s out tomorrow. Cool.

Will

Sounds like a lot of fun. I just registered so see you in the morning! I'll be driving a black 325e.

Pretty lame about Infineon and instructors. Is that rule for all track organizers? I recall having some pretty good instruction when I was a member with NASA a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jayuuey View Post
      Sounds like a lot of fun. I just registered so see you in the morning! I'll be driving a black 325e.

Pretty lame about Infineon and instructors. Is that rule for all track organizers? I recall having some pretty good instruction when I was a member with NASA a few years ago.
      Cool, see you tomorrow.

Yes, all track groups, SCCA, NASA, Trackmasters, Hooked on Driving, Ect all fall under this. Lynn, Trekkor, Rico and I have all been autoXing for a very long time. I think we have all won season championships with respective clubs as well. It frustrates me to no end that I can't instruct people who both ask for and want help. I might as well sit there and pick my nose. The kicker is Russell racing won't provide any staff as instructors to anyone. ( F those guys)

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

guise guise it works

cars beep boop

Comment

you really did it.

Not that I doubted you, but I'm happy to see it up and running.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Dmitri did you do a s50 chain tensioner?
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

thanks dude! I am also happy. very happy. the first start is a stressful moment.. and we have it on video!

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
              Dmitri did you do a s50 chain tensioner?
              yup, s50 tensioner, new rails, new guide, etc etc etc
              cars beep boop

Comment

FS: '87 325es Zinno coupe roller

Good: Legit plastic bumper conversion (cut and welded late model rear lower valence), fully repainted, newer windshield, shadowline trim, nicely tinted windows, "is" spoiler, rear euro plate filler, brand new Lemforder LCA's with new OEM M3 offset CAB's, SS brake lines, brand new power steering lines and reservoir, brand new hood release, latch and cable. CLEAN title in my name, no back fees, car is on non-op.

Bad: Car hit a curb and needs the passenger side frame to be pulled, the wheel well to be pulled, and welding work for reinforcement. Passenger fender needs to be replaced. No powertrain (will come with a good 3.73 open diff), and most of the interior is gone (factory interior harness is intact).

Price: $800 (bring a trailer)

I bought this car damaged and was going to fix and strip it out to make a track/rallyx car, but I've since acquired a new project. I personally removed everything from the car, so I can tell you what is and isn't there anymore.

Pics:

sigpic
                - '89 325is track beast
                - '91 318is daily corner carver

Comment

Newly acquired vehicle. M50TU.

Comment

Such thrust today
                    YL7A8220
                    by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Such thrust today
                      YL7A8220

Hnggg turbo pumps

Comment

Hey Will, good meeting you. Riding shotgun in the M3 was definitely the highlight of the day for me. S14 motors have midrange torque!

And definitely F Russel racing for no instruction.

Cool, see you tomorrow.

Yes, all track groups, SCCA, NASA, Trackmasters, Hooked on Driving, Ect all fall under this. Lynn, Trekkor, Rico and I have all been autoXing for a very long time. I think we have all won season championships with respective clubs as well. It frustrates me to no end that I can't instruct people who both ask for and want help. I might as well sit there and pick my nose. The kicker is Russell racing won't provide any staff as instructors to anyone. ( F those guys)

Will

Comment

does garagistic sell e30 swap mounts?

Such thrust today
                          YL7A8220

Comment

I just got this message about tomorrow...
                            "One reminder. About "instructing".
                            We cannot do anything or say anything that even resembles such. There may be track spies registered as drivers that are trying to trip us up to end our event.
                            Yes, it's that pathetic.
                            No ride alongs with customers that includes commentary about the course, their car set-up or driving technique.
                            We'll have safety oriented drivers meetings in the morning and before the afternoon runs."

This is how bad the politics are at Sears Point with Russell Racing. No one wins.

Will
                            What the fuck.

Comment

anyone interested in a 318i alpine vert? needs new top. Going to make an add this week
                              "I wanna see da boat movie"
                              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                                What the fuck.
                                Its not actually Russell racing, its Simraceway. They are the issue. They have a monopoly, and managed to get the track to sign a contract that states that they are the sole provider of instruction on the property. No one else is allowed to. That also includes their own instructors working for others on their days off. Its stupidly insane. The owner of Simraceway is some arrogant prick who has never met in person with anyone from the track. He only sends his lawyers. Apparently even Steve Page who is the track president has never met the guy in person. The track wants instructors so they don't get screwed if some beginner goes out and stuffs his car in the wall and gets killed. Because they were dumb enough to sign the contract, their hands are tied. It seriously makes you wonder when a tenant becomes too much of a liability to the track?

Hey Will, good meeting you. Riding shotgun in the M3 was definitely the highlight of the day for me. S14 motors have midrange torque!

And definitely F Russel racing for no instruction.
                                Good to meet you as well. What did you get down to time wise? In the 8 timed runs I did I only varied about 0.5 second. I think my best was a 53.770. The old guy in the M coupe had TTOD with a very low 51. I would have liked to have run faster, but I think that was all the car had in it since my times didn't really change.

Thanks for coming out. I hope you come to the rest of the events.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X