This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    haha I just might. I have room in my garage still to stuff the block and those manifolds
    Shoot me a text when you're in the area. I should be in the shop for most of the weekend.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Also I may have done a thing..

cars beep boop

Comment

im jelly.

Will, i might need to get up there and check it out.

Marco, for normal e30s replacing the whole thing is better and cheaper. the only reason to press new ball joins in is if you have M3 aluminum control arms
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
          im jelly.

Will, i might need to get up there and check it out.

Marco, for normal e30s replacing the whole thing is better and cheaper. the only reason to press new ball joins in is if you have M3 aluminum control arms
          Not sure what you mean. I am replacing the front control arms as well as the control arm bushings. I ordered m3 offset CABs. The reason I'm not doing the rear is because it is going to cost me $300 just to get the old bushings taken out and the new ones pressed in.

Today I was able to remove all the interior from my blue vert. The carpet is stained to all hell so I will be dying it black. I installed the blue top as well. I was a little skepitcal about a blue top on royalblau, but it doesnt look too bad. I was also able to remov everything from my eta bottom end so I can start cleaning it and replacing gaskets. Picking up an 885 head this weekend and the motor should be put back together by Monday or Tuesday. Dropping off some strut tubes to CAtuned tomorrow or sat to get new wheel bearings and my coilovers welded on.
          Last edited by mbonanni; 07-23-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I have one you can have. free.99 I will be in Turlock and San Jose next weekend
            Dang Simon

Too far to go around unless you wanna ship it to me; I can pay the fees, should fit in a Medium box; $12 I think? I'll toss in some beer money too while I'm at it. Go Crazy

Comment

Marco sorry i read that wrong. was thinking you were talking about pressing the front stuff.
              If you give me the rear end i cant take it to SJ and do it at my dad's much much cheaper. I have a press and TAB tool
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Pmd you Eric.

Comment

I'll just leave this here... Ouch

Last edited by Rsully70sev; 07-24-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Yo guys, just found this thread. Down to do E30 shit, meets, build stuff, etc
                    sigpic
                    The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
                    On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Anyone have an 885 head they want to sell?

I have a lead on one, but it requires the .3mm head gasket. I already ordered a stock Goetze gasket, so I would prefer to try and use that before I have to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                        Anyone have an 885 head they want to sell?

I have a lead on one, but it requires the .3mm head gasket. I already ordered a stock Goetze gasket, so I would prefer to try and use that before I have to sell it.
                        you want to buy a new cylinderhead instead of buying a different headgasket? is the .3mm one thinner? The M20 loves more compression, expecially if you're building the 2.7i
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

No, Victor Reinz makes the .3mm thicker head gasket. I don't want to use victor reinz. And I already have two head gaskets which I would need to sell if I used the .3mm head. Also, I haven't even bought a cylinder head yet. I have stock head gaskets, so I dont want to buy a head I cant use them with.

I was thinking the same thing about lowering the compression. I am all for using my stock hg because compression really wont be THAT much lower to make a big difference. I think the problem is the valves hitting the pistons. Not sure honestly. I have been doing some research but there is not much on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                            Yes, Victor Reinz makes the .3mm thicker head gasket. I don't want to use victor reinz. And I already have two head gaskets which I would need to sell.

I was thinking the same thing about lowering the compression. I am all for using my stock hg because compression really wont be THAT lower to make a difference. I think the problem is the valves hitting the pistons. Not sure honestly. I have been doing some research but there is not much on the subject
                            If you have Piston to valve clearance, look into adjusting your cam so the valves clear. A high compression ratio isn't a bad thing if you have a chip that will work with it. (another reason I like manual adjustable distributors) I bet you will need an adjustable cam gear if you change the thickness of the head, or head gasket as it will change the timing in one way or another.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

is .3MM really that much to worry about when the stock CR is ~8:1? I would run the Goetze headgasket you have now ...
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Okay I'm doing it.

Edit: Just read the post from Will. I didn't think about having to change timing. Ahh maybe I wont use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X