Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone going to Exotics On Cannery Row Friday?
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      Is anyone going to Exotics On Cannery Row Friday?
      I'm taking Friday off of work...

edit: http://www.exoticsoncanneryrow.com

well that looks cool
      Last edited by decay; 08-10-2015, 11:42 AM.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        We run one of those $25 shifters in the lemon. The hole for the selector rod is drilled too small from the factory - you'll have to open it up with a drill to fit an e30 rod.

Other than that, no complaints. Short shifts, no rubber to wear out.

Just want I'm looking for. Should be an easy swap. I like the throw of my buddies IE shifter and the rod looks to be about the same length.

just get a z3 one. going overly short like that actually makes it worse to shift. unless you raise the cut up.

I'm fine with a really short shift. I plan on making or buying a taller shift knob to compensate anyway so the shooter will be closer to me/the steering wheel.

Thanks for the input guys! Ordered it last night.

In other news, I just shaved the beard I had going for the past year and a half. Hello baby face

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

your face must be very cold.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

your face must be very cold.

Even colder now since I've degraded myself to buy an eBay shifter.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
              Even colder now since I've degraded myself to buy an eBay shifter.
              On the plus side, if you don't like it, it was only $25. Just grab the UUC one when you have $ to waste.

But for those who know. I just bought massive wilwoods for my e30 and the pedal is soft. Im not sure what master to upgrade to. i know some people like and dont like the e32 one. so had anyone done this here?
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

On the plus side, if you don't like it, it was only $25. Just grab the UUC one when you have $ to waste.

But for those who know. I just bought massive wilwoods for my e30 and the pedal is soft. Im not sure what master to upgrade to. i know some people like and dont like the e32 one. so had anyone done this here?
                The pedal is soft on all power brake vehicles. If its softer than the already soggy feeling pedal on the car, thanks, I'll pass. I hope you find something that works. (What can I say, I like very firm brake pedals.)

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

it's softer than stock and the pedal goes way too far down for my taste. i may need to rebleed it, and change the master.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

So you're the guy who bought that kit!! I was about to send the P/O a message and he marked it sold x_x

Comment

did the e32 one on the lemon as well, but with stock brakes, and it improved the feel by a lot.

you should do some digging and calculation and figure out the f/r bias on stock vs. wilwoods+stock setups.. might need a proportioning or bias valve to bring it back to feeling good.

also did you bleed both sides of the caliper?
                      cars beep boop

Comment

whole lot of bad math was done here.
                        fixed now.

Stock area is 3619mm*mm 1.9" dameter, 1 piston counted twice
                        wilwood is 3848.45mm*mm 1.38" diameter, 4 pistons
                        1.06x bigger.
                        Last edited by Cabriolet; 08-11-2015, 04:11 PM.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

you're moving more fluid, if you want your pedal to not move as much, yes your master diameter needs to be increased.

however, the e32 master is 50% biased, so you should also calculate out what your eventual f/r bias will be with it. It might not be great.

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpos...81&postcount=2 is a post in a decently informative thread that gives some calculation examples.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

So the magical fred did the math. and the e32 MC will only make a 3% bias change. so i have one coming from ECS and some more ATE 200 dot 4.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Dmitri,
                              Stock area is 5,809mm*mm
                              wilwood is 15,394mm*mm
                              2.65x more area.
                              does that not mean the master should be increased to match the area?
                              wait what the hell

what kit did you get? that is a huge difference and your brake bias is fucked now. good kits will nearly match the stock piston area (a bit less actually since you will have a larger rotor and more brake torque) to keep your bias the same.

edit: ok, stock pistons are also way bigger than 6mm^2. I don't trust your calcs (sorry dude)
                              Last edited by Wh33lhop; 08-11-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                                edit: ok, stock pistons are also way bigger than 6mm^2. I don't trust your calcs (sorry dude)
                                neither do i, so fred ran them to get the right numbers. i need to re-check my numbers
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X