Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not gonna make any progress on an E30 page trying to defend something that isn't an E30 when pretty much everyone here would agree that an E30 is equal or damn near it for 1/5th the money. You're proud of your car and that's great, but we're proud of ours cuz we can still stay right with you anywhere you wanna go.
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

I'm not getting rid of my E30, guys... I built that car with money I made in Iraq, it's not going anywhere, ever, so chill the hell out; I just wanted a good daily, and hate it if you want to, but BRZ is the closest new thing to an E30 you can get.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
        You're proud of your car and that's great, but we're proud of ours cuz we can still stay right with you anywhere you wanna go.
        we'll see when the break-in period's over.

but you damn well couldn't hang with my E30. :P
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          I'm not getting rid of my E30, guys... I built that car with money I made in Iraq, it's not going anywhere, ever, so chill the hell out; I just wanted a good daily, and hate it if you want to, but BRZ is the closest new thing to an E30 you can get.
          I agree but define "good daily" when you spent all this money to build your E30. Is it an SE30? If I'm gonna dump loads of money into any car I own, it better be dailyable as the first priority unless I'm building specifically for the track or Spec racing. Again, just my two cents, I'm not hating on your BRZ, just trying to find out why you had to replace it with basically another E30.
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

we'll see when the break-in period's over.

Jesus dude, if your E30 is built, you're right, my stock E30 couldn't keep up. Brilliant. I'm comparing a base E30 to your base BRZ.
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

Soooo.. why do you have an e30?

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

All these flavors and y'all chose salty.

Congrats on the BRZ, love that car. I've taken my buddies BRZ on mountain roads and it truly feels perfect from the factory as far as the sport/comfort balance. I get not wanting to daily your e30. Hell, I built mine as a daily and I would rather drive some shit box then let all my hard work sit outside baking in 100+ degree weather.

If I could choose a new daily sporty car (maybe once I'm out of college) , BRZ would definitely be on the list.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                  Soooo.. why do you have an e30?
                  you mean why have i owned 3 e30s?

one beater 325is
                  one turbo eta
                  and the one in my sig

because they're also good cars and i like them a lot...
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

i need an s38. this m20 is so boring. i got to drive a local guy's s38b38, e36m on e30 GCs e30M3. it really made my car feel stupid slow.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                      Congrats on the BRZ, love that car.
                      Thanks, man.

I've taken my buddies BRZ on mountain roads and it truly feels perfect from the factory as far as the sport/comfort balance.
                      Except for the shit tires they put on it, yeah. Livermore Subaru let me drive a used one that had Potenza RE-11s on. That's how the car should have been delivered.

Side note, I got my first ticket in 5 years in my girlfriend's FR-S while friends and I were cruising from the Presidio in SF to Alice's. 90 in a 50, and hers is bone stock because she leased. I was chasing my buddy in his E36 328i, and applying pressure; I broke 100 a couple of times. (Other two cars were a 911 Turbo and an E36 M3 on 255s, and I won't pretend I was anywhere close to them.) Sheriff threatened to arrest me for reckless until he saw my old Army ID in my wallet. So yeah... they're fast enough to get you in trouble if you pick a good line and keep them on the cams.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

You guys are so silly. A new car can come with a warranty and shit and it's a new car. There's enough weight to be shed even on the base model where the subarota could probably weigh in around 2500 maybe even less, and there's plenty of aftermarket support/room for forced induction. There probably is even a carb legal way to turbo or supercharge it. They're perfectly good cars I see nothing wrong with the purchases of one. And unless your buying the car outright in cash your not gonna buy 5 good e30s instead of buying one subarota.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                          You guys are so silly. A new car can come with a warranty and shit and it's a new car. There's enough weight to be shed even on the base model where the subarota could probably weigh in around 2500 maybe even less, and there's plenty of aftermarket support/room for forced induction. There probably is even a carb legal way to turbo or supercharge it. They're perfectly good cars I see nothing wrong with the purchases of one. And unless your buying the car outright in cash your not gonna buy 5 good e30s instead of buying one subarota.
                          Spence is right Works Motor sports in Sonoma has a CARB legal turbo set up for the frs/brz.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                            the voice of reason comes to save us all

Feedback!
                            Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                            Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by NATOBOT View Post
                              Spence is right Works Motor sports in Sonoma has a CARB legal turbo set up for the frs/brz.
                              The guy who developed that is a friend of mine.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                                The guy who developed that is a friend of mine.

Will
                                That's pretty awesome how they got it CARB certified. I got a friend working there too.
                                Now if only they could work together and make a CARB certified turbo for the e30.

Comment

Working...
                                X