X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    Use a little sealant!

I would, but it's constantly dripping so I have to pull the T-stay anyway. Can't seal it with a moist surface! I have another thermostat (in good condition along with the O-ring from when I swapped it out. Should I just use that O-ring and use some permatex water pump/thermostat sealer I used on the water pump when I was doing the water pump and spread it around the surface of the housings that meet? I feel like that should be sufficient...

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Honestly this is pretty hysterical. I might go check it out as a chassis swap candidate for all the stuff in whee30.
      I'll go with because I do want to see how good of a car I'll be missing out on hahaha
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
        I'm more leaning towards the e30 as the primary to and from vehicle given the engine is 20k into its life period. Just waiting for my damn w-2 so I can actually start checking out some e36 and s13 then go from there
        Not sure if this will help, but before you go out buying a 2nd car, make sure your first car is ship-shape and solid. Otherwise you're balancing two projects at once.

Maybe use your tax return money and just finish the e30 you have to the point where it's all dialed in for a daily driver and fix whatever suspension issues it has. This way you can get a second fun car and focus strictly on that as a project.

I say this as I bought a second car before my first car's issues were completely addressed and was going back and forth each weekend trying to do stuff to each car. Neither car was really in bad shape, but just enough stuff needed to be done where I wouldn't want to drive each car for a week straight to work. Save yourself the headache! Just my

Comment

Ugh. Someone hit white car while it was parked, but was a good person and left a note. Not a huge amount of damage but will need new bumper and taillight assemblies and paint. Yay insurance!

Back to dailying the track car in the interim...
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
            Not sure if this will help, but before you go out buying a 2nd car, make sure your first car is ship-shape and solid. Otherwise you're balancing two projects at once.

Maybe use your tax return money and just finish the e30 you have to the point where it's all dialed in for a daily driver and fix whatever suspension issues it has. This way you can get a second fun car and focus strictly on that as a project.

I say this as I bought a second car before my first car's issues were completely addressed and was going back and forth each weekend trying to do stuff to each car. Neither car was really in bad shape, but just enough stuff needed to be done where I wouldn't want to drive each car for a week straight to work. Save yourself the headache! Just my
            Agreed 100%. If you're buying a second car, make sure one car is mint and doesn't need anything, otherwise both cars WILL fail at the same time.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

3.73/ZF is much shorter than a 4.10 behind a G240. I don't think you will want to go that short with all the torque the M52 has.
              ok, you're right, i have been doing all of these numbers in my head so far. now i'm installing virtualbox just so i can run my favorite car calculator in windows. fucker.

Honestly this is pretty hysterical. I might go check it out as a chassis swap candidate for all the stuff in whee30.
              i very nearly went and bought that car myself.

if you end up getting it and need something to do with your sedan, *then* i will stay e30.
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                ok, you're right, i have been doing all of these numbers in my head so far. now i'm installing virtualbox just so i can run my favorite car calculator in windows. fucker.

i very nearly went and bought that car myself.

if you end up getting it and need something to do with your sedan, *then* i will stay e30.
                Good, because if you're falling in love with the comfort of the car you don't want second gear to top out at 45mph :p

If I do in fact buy the grey car, I will need something to do with the sedan shell... I don't get how it fits into your equation though.

Comment

If I do in fact buy the grey car, I will need something to do with the sedan shell... I don't get how it fits into your equation though.
                  I don't want to run a floppy-ass vert anymore. Coupe would be okay, sedan even better.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

I would love for it to go to a good home but I would be reshelling to avoid that beat to hell chassis (also bc coupe late model track car). It's straight, but the paint is pretty awful and there's a rust hole in front of the a pillar... not sure you would want it.

Comment

^ stock too-tall gears

^ ZF with 3.46 (best Z3 Torsen option)

^ ZF with 3.73

^ drivetrain I have now, with Z3 tire sizes

...you may be right that a 3.46 is the way to go for right now, and i'll see if i really want to go shorter down the road.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

I use the spreadsheet located here, isn't graphical in nature but allows a lot of playing around with diff and trans ratios as well as tire sizes.

ratios listed in that sheet are the ZF/5 and Getrag/6 ratios, but you can modify it for the various other Getrag/ZF transmissions if you know the ratios.

Doesn't the Z3/M52 have the ZF 5 speed?
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

what i use is an ooooooold DOS program called CarTest. it has a pretty good library of cars in it, so a lot of the time you can just copy/paste ratios back and forth (as i had to do with putting in the G240 ratios from a '91 318is here).
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

So I made my first ever post on reddit last night in the /r/jokes and I'm on the front page. I'm freaking out.
                            C6Z
                            S2K
                            VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              Ugh. Someone hit white car while it was parked, but was a good person and left a note. Not a huge amount of damage but will need new bumper and taillight assemblies and paint. Yay insurance!
                              :(

straight-on ass-fucked?
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                                Doesn't the Z3/M52 have the ZF 5 speed?
                                it has the same ZF320 as M3 and 328i
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X