Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was 97 in total. The 1st pic was just the Monterey/King City area guys. We waited for the way up north guys, 3 from Medford, a bunch from Chico and Napa area, a few guys from Nevada, tons of guys from SoCal and the Bay Area. I only took pics at that wharf spot because the lighting was so perfect. But yeah, there were 2 '99 M3's but nothing older than the ancient '97. An 02 dropped in for about 20 minutes then took off but I didn't get any pics of it. We all stayed in the same hotel in SLO and I think everyone brought back a Cal Poly girl at some point in the night. We had the cruise control at 90 from Paso to SLO with the occasional 120 runs thanks to spotters staying about 5 miles ahead of us, no tickets were given, tons of backroad drives, loads of cool people. Already counting down for next year.
    Last edited by CarsonE30; 03-14-2016, 12:26 AM.
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

There are some awesome roads to drive in the SLO area. I bet I could link together 150 miles of fun stuff without doubling back on any road. I lived down there for 9 years. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could find a job.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
        There are some awesome roads to drive in the SLO area. I bet I could link together 150 miles of fun stuff without doubling back on any road. I lived down there for 9 years. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could find a job.

Will
        2 days and 650 miles, not counting the 100 there and 100 back, we found some gold mine roads and had such a great time
        Last edited by CarsonE30; 03-14-2016, 01:05 PM.
        C6Z
        S2K
        VeloN

Comment

heading to LA tomorrow so can pickup parts there too, but looking for:

CLEAN e30 dash
          clean shifter console w no holes (manual windows)

I live in SF. DM plz THX
          91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
          ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
            heading to LA tomorrow so can pickup parts there too, but looking for:

CLEAN e30 dash
            clean shifter console w no holes (manual windows)

I live in SF. DM plz THX
            PM Toodaloo, he had a perfect dash a few months back, not sure if he ever got rid of it
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

To trade my e30 for an 02' 6 speed e46 m3 or not to... Hmm.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                To trade my e30 for an 02' 6 speed e46 m3 or not to... Hmm.
                Do it. Absolutely. Do it.
                C6Z
                S2K
                VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                  PM Toodaloo, he had a perfect dash a few months back, not sure if he ever got rid of it

Nah, it was cracked, but the cracks were filled with gold silicone. #wabisabi

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                    Do it. Absolutely. Do it.

I'm thinking about it. It's like a dark blue color with a clean title, 132k miles, and he wants a small amount of cash in my end.

Comment

do it before he realizes how much better the S54 is than the M20
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        do it before he realizes how much better the S54 is than the M20
                        This is the main reason.

Any history on it? Mods, records, pics? The fact that it's a 6 speed and not an SMG is a MASSIVE plus.
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

exactly, get a PPI before you sign over your title. be ready for more things to maintain, but I would do it if I was in YOUR shoes.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone know where i can rent a cherry picker/engine hoist for a couple of hours?

Comment

Especially once that odo hits 160k but if it's been kept in solid mechanical shape, you shouldn't have anything to worry about
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

post an ad in m4m on bay area craigslist
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X