This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
    So Today me and my buddies went to the sonoma raceway to watch drifting and drag races and when one of my buddies hopped in the back drivers side he weighed too much so my tire was on the wheel well. We had to make weight adjustments LOL
    gotta love wednesday night fun
    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Don't ask me why I have a massive 1 series fetish as of late but I drove one this morning and I'm set. Driving up to BFest tomorrow with a for sale sign in the M3, buying an ETA and a 135 asap. Yay.
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
        Don't ask me why I have a massive 1 series fetish as of late but I drove one this morning and I'm set. Driving up to BFest tomorrow with a for sale sign in the M3, buying an ETA and a 135 asap. Yay.

Eta and a 135 should make a great contrast of beauty and beater. Have fun [emoji1319][emoji1303]

Tapatalk
        i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
          So Today me and my buddies went to the sonoma raceway to watch drifting and drag races and when one of my buddies hopped in the back drivers side he weighed too much so my tire was on the wheel well. We had to make weight adjustments LOL

I stopped going a while ago... As fun it is to ride along I never quite feel comfortable there. Last time some guy was doing donuts in the parking area up the hill; shooting gravel everywhere hitting cars and what not. Thankfully my car was parked a decent distance away, but I left right after that... Another time my buddy's car was broken into. We came back to his e36 to find the window was pushed down (he had a broken regulator or motor or something wrong making it easy to slide down by hand) with $20 and his iPhone usb cable missing from his glovebox...

IMO the drifting community, at least up here from what I've seen is pretty ratty. Zero f*cks is at a new level with a majority of the these guys in almost every way, and a lot of the people have a sketchy/junky vibe that I don't care to associate with.

Now I'm not saying everyone there is like that, but it's a heavy majority.

Definitely awesome to see some of the swapped cars sliding around though!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post

IMO the drifting community, at least up here from what I've seen is pretty ratty. Zero f*cks is at a new level with a majority of the these guys in almost every way, and a lot of the people have a sketchy/junky vibe that I don't care to associate with.

Try living in Martinez. Everyone is sketchy for that same reason.

Seriously though, that's lame that shit like that is happening at the Wednesday night events. Back in the day that was not how the drifting scene was at all.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

I stopped going a while ago... As fun it is to ride along I never quite feel comfortable there. Last time some guy was doing donuts in the parking area up the hill; shooting gravel everywhere hitting cars and what not. Thankfully my car was parked a decent distance away, but I left right after that... Another time my buddy's car was broken into. We came back to his e36 to find the window was pushed down (he had a broken regulator or motor or something wrong making it easy to slide down by hand) with $20 and his iPhone usb cable missing from his glovebox...

i agree with everything said here. all of sonoma is like this. but hey I'm moving in three weeks so I'm out
              i love bmws

Comment

Yeah thats pretty shitty I noticed like maybe a few good drifters and stuff it was fun for a minute but watching the same guy spinning out 4 times per session was stupid. But it was okay I guess to just hang out with friends. I can definitely see people attempting to drift up in the parking lot its kind of hard not to the parking lots not very full anymore (if it ever was) I saw a few people do stupid shit away from the other cars and I saw a nice red E30

Comment

Drifting... the fastest way to destroy a once nice car. Yes, good drifting is impressive to watch, but the crap that happens at Sonoma is a joke. Also, "Winning" on style points is also a joke. Sort of drifting around an open oval doesn't take a whole lot of talent. Drifting your way through an autocross course (without killing cones) or something similar is a whole lot more difficult. Can I drift? Only when I'm going fast enough that I have more inertia than I have grip. The rest of the time I'd rather go fast. Have I scared the crap out of so called drifters who were riding along during one of my autoX runs? Hell yes. (It was epic, the guy got out of my car shaking.)

As for the zero F*cks given, holy hell. Tech inspecting drift cars is asking for a tetnus shot or something to fall on one's foot. Batteries floating around not secured in any way, shape or form. Broken wheel studs, missing lug nuts, questionable seats (sometimes fully attached, sometimes not so much.) Its kinda shocking how poorly prepared these guys are for a sport that pretty much ensures contact with another object.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    Drifting... the fastest way to destroy a once nice car. Yes, good drifting is impressive to watch, but the crap that happens at Sonoma is a joke. Also, "Winning" on style points is also a joke. Sort of drifting around an open oval doesn't take a whole lot of talent. Drifting your way through an autocross course (without killing cones) or something similar is a whole lot more difficult. Can I drift? Only when I'm going fast enough that I have more inertia than I have grip. The rest of the time I'd rather go fast. Have I scared the crap out of so called drifters who were riding along during one of my autoX runs? Hell yes. (It was epic, the guy got out of my car shaking.)

As for the zero F*cks given, holy hell. Tech inspecting drift cars is asking for a tetnus shot or something to fall on one's foot. Batteries floating around not secured in any way, shape or form. Broken wheel studs, missing lug nuts, questionable seats (sometimes fully attached, sometimes not so much.) Its kinda shocking how poorly prepared these guys are for a sport that pretty much ensures contact with another object.

Will
                    The Bay Area has long been known as having a majority of the cars being super ratty. It's funny comparing drift videos from Europe to the shit people drive here.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

road rage e30

Comment

That is an e28.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

everyone involved in that video represented their respective enthusiast communities poorly.

if you have a car, a guy on a sportbike is faster than you. period. i don't care what you have, you will lose to a liter-bike, and probably a modern 600, too. there is no point getting butthurt about getting passed on the freeway. if you wanna play, get a bike and take the risks that come with riding.

if you have a bike, there is a good reason not to fuck with cars, even if they piss you off. one flick of the wrist and they can (and have) had people sliding across tarmac at 80mph. flip a bird over your shoulder if you really need to, then open throttle and exit scene.

one time an Audi SUV objected to a group ride i was in filtering through traffic around Presidio, and chose to block me by pulling adjacent to the car in the next lane and then talking shit through his rear-view mirror. i collect knives and usually have one on me, so it would have been really easy to liberate the air from his rear passenger tire and fuck his day up for being a dick, and i was sorely tempted, because he almost separated me for the group for no good reason (i was slow-guy tail-end-charlie), but if the group you're riding with encourages that behavior, find a new group. i'm pretty sure if i had i wouldn't get invites to any more.

tl;dr: don't be a dick and don't hang out with dicks
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            That is an e28.
                            close enough

Comment

Fifteen 52s or a used set of BBS? Opinions please [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by e30tru View Post
                                Fifteen 52s or a used set of BBS? Opinions please [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                we need pics

Comment

Working...
                                X