This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want an e34 wagon on real CCW's...

Ya know, slammy slammy, stretchy stretchy, daily daily.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      Build your own Gristle Hammer. Why did you sell your wagon!?

Edit: I was on 101N just south of SFO yesterday around 3pm and saw a flat black late model coupe, lowered on CCW Classic reps with wheel studs. Looks like the car used to be red. Anyone on here?

I saw a black, late model coupe in the same area, just a couple hours later at like 9:30. Not sure if it was on CCWs though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
        I want an e34 wagon on real CCW's...

Ya know, slammy slammy, stretchy stretchy, daily daily.
        My dad had a 530i/A wagon a few years back. Only now do I really appreciate it...

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by e30tru View Post
          I saw a black, late model coupe in the same area, just a couple hours later at like 9:30. Not sure if it was on CCWs though

That was me! Your ride was looking quite fresh sir :)

Instagram:@e30_henry :D

Comment

Originally posted by PogiMonster View Post
            That was me! Your ride was looking quite fresh sir :)

Thanks! Same to you. I also saw that idiot cut you off last second

Comment

E38 is a no go. Drove it around the block twice today, did okay the first time, then went into failsafe mode. We parked it back in the driveway and found out that the radiator was leaking, the tank was boiling over, hydraulic fluid is leaking and there's a huge oil spill too. Basically, it was okay and I was considering it a few days ago, after driving it today, I am scared and am just going to save for a miata.

TLDR: No E38, yes Miata.
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                TLDR: No E38, yes Miata.
                what flavor? i've actually been browsing for NCs every once in a while. they're not at a bad price point and i'm betting they respond to bolt-ons really well.
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  what flavor? i've actually been browsing for NCs every once in a while. they're not at a bad price point and i'm betting they respond to bolt-ons really well.
                  I'm partial to NB's for some reason. I just want one that's cheap, like 2.5-3k, that I can AutoX because the 135 is too fast in a line for AutoX courses. You get out of a corner and hit the gas and you're already braking too late for the next one.
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

I'm partial to NB's for some reason. I just want one that's cheap, like 2.5-3k, that I can AutoX because the 135 is too fast in a line for AutoX courses. You get out of a corner and hit the gas and you're already braking too late for the next one.
                    Lies, no such thing as too fast for autox. Only when you've got wheelspin from corner exit to braking zone is it too fast, and that's even debatable.

Just autox the E30? I'd rather do that than buy yet another way to light money on fire. You have 3 cars already....
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Seriously dude, you have carDD worse than one of my buddies. He never finishes any projects because he's always moving on to the next one.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        Only when you've got wheelspin from corner exit to braking zone is it too fast

Just autox the E30?
                        The 135 spins the tires if you put your foot down in 3rd gear at 60, you can imagine it in 2nd gear between 25 and 55 lol This current E30 is stock and I fucking love how quiet and smooth it is. I don't really wanna start buying suspension parts and all that stuff for it because I like it for what it is right now. And it's auto.
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          Seriously dude, you have carDD worse than one of my buddies. He never finishes any projects because he's always moving on to the next one.
                          Well the 135 is "done" for a while, JB4, Berk exhaust, BMS intake, Koni yellows, HR SS', Evolution Racewerks FMIC and chargepipe, new rotors all around, Cool Carbon pads, SS lines, H&R front and rear sway bar, Apex ARC-8's and Starspecs. This E30 isn't a car that I have any plans for if I'm honest, other than to keep it clean.
                          Last edited by CarsonE30; 07-19-2016, 01:08 PM.
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

i want the 2-liter engine, myself, but i did find one good NB while looking today.

that 6-speed transmission is the Aisin, also what's used in the FR-S/BRZ and a couple other cool cars. and it has a factory torsen. that's the one you want.
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                              i want the 2-liter engine, myself, but i did find one good NB while looking today.

that 6-speed transmission is the Aisin, also what's used in the FR-S/BRZ and a couple other cool cars. and it has a factory torsen. that's the one you want.
                              I did see that one, it is out my price range currently but it's probably the best Miata on CL locally right now.
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

I have driven my friend's NC a handful of times, a few in anger. It seriously opened my eyes as to how amazing a car it is. 100% stock and it brought a smile to my face.

I like it more than the NBs I've driven in the past, it just feels more solid. Could use another 50-75 HP though.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X