This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
    One more call to insurance and I might have to.
    Do they know the accident happened in Sonoma?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Do they know the accident happened in Sonoma?
      They don't know anything yet. My mom called and asked if hypothetically she wanted to get me a non-competitive driving class as a 21st birthday present, if anything would be covered. They didn't budge but I think I have to call and explain everything. It was a "just for fun" event, I had an instructor in the car and Doug said that he can vouch for everything that happened. It's just so much at one time for me, you never expect it to be you and when it is, you're not ready for it. Oh well, so is life.
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

One more call to insurance and I might have to.
        I hate to say it, but this will almost certainly be unsuccessful and is really not advised. Read the waiver you signed to enter and participate in the event-- you signed that you recognized the event is dangerous, car damage is expected, and that insurance would not apply.

If you have contact info for the other driver, you may be able to go after their insurance, but that is almost certainly also not going to work.

The rule is, bluntly, don't track a car you can't afford to write off, because if anything happens it's on you to fix your own car. Doesn't matter if they hit you or not, it's on a racetrack, where car contact is expected and likely to occur.

I know it sucks, a lot, and this is the opposite of what you want to hear. If you have the other driver's contact information, ask them if they will help pay for the damage, but I would 100% expect you will be on the hook for it yourself, chuckleheaded other driver or not. The other driver may be willing to work with you to fix the car though, so I'd discuss with him after exhausting the insurance angle.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yeah, I'm well aware David lol unfortunately
          I do have a guy who was essentially building a 1M clone and has quite literally everything that I need for my car. The airbags, sensors and other interior stuff I'll have to take care of at the dealer most likely but as far as knuckles, supports, control arms, lights and panels go, I'm set. Thankfully.
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

Do it Carson. Do you really want to eff with a not so perfect rear body panel on a new car!?

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
              Do it Carson. Do you really want to eff with a not so perfect rear body panel on a new car!?
              I mean yeah, I love the thing so damn much. I would actually want to know how much a swap would be, ballpark. I'll call PTech and Castro tomorrow.
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

I mean yeah, I love the thing so damn much. I would actually want to know how much a swap would be, ballpark. I'll call PTech and Castro tomorrow.
                Based on the cost for a smog-legal S54 swap in an OBD2 E36 chassis that they recently did, which still didn't have AC or cruise or DSC working.....it'll be quoted at probably more than your estimate to repair the car and will take two years, and will end up costing double what was quoted.

said swap owner was not too pleased.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  Based on the cost for a smog-legal S54 swap in an OBD2 E36 chassis that they recently did, which still didn't have AC or cruise or DSC working.....it'll be quoted at probably more than your estimate to repair the car and will take two years, and will end up costing double what was quoted.

said swap owner was not too pleased.
                  Dedicated N55 E30 track car? I have a smog guy too.
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

They don't know anything yet. My mom called and asked if hypothetically she wanted to get me a non-competitive driving class as a 21st birthday present, if anything would be covered. They didn't budge but I think I have to call and explain everything. It was a "just for fun" event, I had an instructor in the car and Doug said that he can vouch for everything that happened. It's just so much at one time for me, you never expect it to be you and when it is, you're not ready for it. Oh well, so is life.
                    Ok, I have to ask, how the hell did you have an instructor? I am an instructor for Trackmasters, and I've been explicitly told that I cannot instruct at Sears Point because of Simraceway's contract (that states they are the sole provider of instruction at the track.) Did policy change between Saturday and Sunday?

Will
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      Ok, I have to ask, how the hell did you have an instructor? I am an instructor for Trackmasters, and I've been explicitly told that I cannot instruct at Sears Point because of Simraceway's contract (that states they are the sole provider of instruction at the track.) Did policy change between Saturday and Sunday?

Will
                      He is not a TrackMasters instructor or Sonoma instructor per say, sorry for the confusion! My "instructor" is a friend who is also one of the drivers for the Can-Am cars we've been working on and running all August long. You are correct that instructors are no longer allowed at Sonoma and I mis-worded that and should've just said that he was just a passenger. But secretly, he was "coaching" me, since I had never driven Sonoma before.
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

He is not a TrackMasters instructor or Sonoma instructor per say, sorry for the confusion! My "instructor" is a friend who is also one of the drivers for the Can-Am cars we've been working on and running all August long. You are correct that instructors are no longer allowed at Sonoma and I mis-worded that and should've just said that he was just a passenger. But secretly, he was "coaching" me, since I had never driven Sonoma before.
                        Oh, got it. Sonoma is not a forgiving track. Having someone ride along with you who knows the track is always a good thing. I'd love to have someone who really really knows the track to ride around with me at some point. I know I leave some time here and there (I'll admit it, I don't do turn 10 at full speed. I could find a couple seconds if I did. Still, its not worth it to eat the wall should I screw up.)

Good luck with getting your car fixed.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

If anyone is interested I re-smogged my car today and it passed. Ended up paying $280 to get the cat replaced at El Camino Mufflers in Sunnyvale and also replaced my o2 sensor.

The max NO is 767 and I previously posted a 2636. New NO... 13. Haha!
                          2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                          1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                          1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Ugh, super bummed for you Carson. Fucking Ferraris. :(

Comment

Can anyone help me identify this cam?

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Working...
                              X