This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    welcome back! how long are you in town for?
    Hehe. I was back for 5 days, but when I drive back up next Friday (12/9) I'll be back until January 1st. Can we have a play date?

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Stuff the E30 with whatever needs to be installed and enjoy yourself. NBD
    Ended up coming back down yesterday in the Volvo, as the E30's brakes were more toasted than a badly burnt slice of whole wheat toast.

It will have to come down with me on Jan 1st though. Next two weeks shall be devoted to stripping everything except the M42/Tranny out of the old shell.

BTW chaps - looking to refresh both taillight seals due to a little leakage I spotted in the spare tire jack well..

Is this the correct piece and is it the same PN for both sides?

or is it this that I need to buy a pair of?

or both?

Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I think you need the rubber gaskets from the first of your links. The second link looks to have gaskets for early model tail lights. I was fighting water in the jack well for a while too. Double check the sunroof drain is seated, and there's a gasket where the drain vent pops into the body. I can't seem to dig up the part number, but if you buy just the gasket it's 10 bucks, otherwise the vent includes it if you spend 50 dollars for the plastic piece.

Comment

I used the second ones on my early model
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
          I think you need the rubber gaskets from the first of your links. The second link looks to have gaskets for early model tail lights. I was fighting water in the jack well for a while too. Double check the sunroof drain is seated, and there's a gasket where the drain vent pops into the body. I can't seem to dig up the part number, but if you buy just the gasket it's 10 bucks, otherwise the vent includes it if you spend 50 dollars for the plastic piece.
          Thank you! BTW - I've discovered that my new shell's sunroof leaks under high pressure.

I.e. took it through an automated car wash and got rained on.
          But I went driving in the rain and it was fine.

Also, the sunroof seems to "pop" at one particular point when winding back/forth.

What's your prognosis doctor?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Here's the gasket ring PN: 64221922280, one for each side.

As for the sunroof, perhaps something on the cassette track has broken or gotten jammed of sorts. From what I remember, the headliner has to come out to remove the cassette. The sunroof itself can be removed independently according to this

Hopefully this helps.

-Joey

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              Thank you! BTW - I've discovered that my new shell's sunroof leaks under high pressure.

I.e. took it through an automated car wash and got rained on.
              But I went driving in the rain and it was fine.

Also, the sunroof seems to "pop" at one particular point when winding back/forth.

What's your prognosis doctor?
              Sina, my car did that a few times. Im willing to bet that your drains arent flowing 100% smoothly so the rain can get through put the car wash builds up too much water too fast. Try to clean them out
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Hey guys, so it's not looking too great with my e30 situation. I bought a new car a few days ago since I need to commute and literally don't have the space nor funds to have two cars. If you or anybody you know is interested in a light project, shoot them my contact info. I'm only asking $2,000. 562-846-8611. This isn't the end of e30's for me though, and that's a fact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoS View Post
                  Hey guys, so it's not looking too great with my e30 situation. I bought a new car a few days ago since I need to commute and literally don't have the space nor funds to have two cars. If you or anybody you know is interested in a light project, shoot them my contact info. I'm only asking $2,000. 562-846-8611. This isn't the end of e30's for me though, and that's a fact!

Nooooohhhh :'( I'll ask around. I want it, but it's not logical to own two for me. I'll shoot you a text if I find someone.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

you're killing me dude

uuuh
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoS View Post

What's it need? I have a friend looking for one.

Comment

So I've got a little project that I've been working on for the past few years. Some of you have seen it in the Alfa thread, but for those who haven't had a look in there I present my most ambitious project yet. A 1959 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint.
                        I found it like this

8 years later, this happened.

Still a little more disassembly required on the suspension and brakes, but once that is done, everything starts going back on the car. I need to find someone who will do the chrome, that is proving difficult. I can't wait to drive this.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Will, you left all over NCGC speechless :rofl:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Will, that's ridiculous in the best way possible. Nice job!

Cyber Monday's bit of idiocy arrived today via the UPS truck-- Dinan's shocks/springs kit for white car. Doing a full bushing/ball joint refresh on the car too. Very excited to have a slightly sportier but still cushy ride.

Probably won't be able to install it all until January though, so....hooray for waiting! Should fit in well with all the other cardboard boxes in my office for the next month.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

dang it bobby
                              cars beep boop

Comment

also, nice alfa, will. but you already know that.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X