This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    Thanks for the input will, I didn't even think about the relays. Where can I purchase those?
    Pelican parts or BMW. The main relay is pricey, and I don't know if your early car is wired the same way as my M3. Might be worth looking into however.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Thats what heppend to my e30 spence....im m30 swapping it to fix the issue.
      SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
      IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
      BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
        Thats what heppend to my e30 spence....im m30 swapping it to fix the issue.
        Those 83 cars are a bit weird tho.

for me: graduated, passed all my classes. final gpa is 3.3 -.- rough teachers messing up my gpa this semester, got a C- in a class, that passes but i cant see from all of my test, extra credit that i got that low of a grade so we'll see if he fixes it.

it's so nice to be back in the bay and driving the e30 often again.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Nice, congrats Eric!

I moved last weekend. It's so nice to have a garage again and a super short commute to work.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            Those 83 cars are a bit weird tho.
            Mine came with a little extra weird lol
            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Watch for flooding this weekend guys, I would hate to see people's stuff get damage! I think I am going to put my car on jackstands in the garage lol.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

for me: graduated, passed all my classes. final gpa is 3.3 -.- rough teachers messing up my gpa this semester, got a C- in a class, that passes but i cant see from all of my test, extra credit that i got that low of a grade so we'll see if he fixes it.

it's so nice to be back in the bay and driving the e30 often again.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations Eric, glad you are back in the Bay Area. Do you have any good prospects for a job?

Comment

i'm hanging out with a girl i'm dating in Daly City and have not seen anything looking like a "megastorm".
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                    i'm hanging out with a girl i'm dating in Daly City and have not seen anything looking like a "megastorm".
                    ya this is just bitch rain here. nothing to even worry about.

Originally posted by endeavor View Post
                    Congratulations Eric, glad you are back in the Bay Area. Do you have any good prospects for a job?
                    kinda, but we'll see. anything that pays sounds good atm.

since im free, im driving to this
                    Roadkill - It's Automotive Chaos Theory! David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan are two guys behaving badly with cars.
                    Last edited by Cabriolet; 01-07-2017, 11:25 PM.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Does anyone have a spare vert top or one of these screws?

Feedback!
                      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

What is a good spring compressor for the E30? I want to move my suspension from my white car to my blue car.

My mechanic has 3 different compressors. The new hydraulic one did not have enough compression before it bottomed out. Like this one:

His other one barely had enough compression, but it was hard to get it on and felt like life was endangered. Like this one:

The 3rd one is 2 individual screws that take a long time to evenly compress.

I was looking on amazon, and this one looks to be the best:

But, so expensive.

This one looked promising, until one of the reviews said it didn't work on an E60.

What do you guys like to use?

Thanks,
                        Bob

Comment

I didn't need to use a compressor on my rear, nor did JP and I use one for the fronts.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

for free you can rent a spring compressor from autozone. just use that
                            but the best ones look like this:
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

When I had my mechanic friend put springs on my e36 a few years ago, his shop had a compressor like the one in Link #2. A few months ago I changed out the stock springs on my 318 and put in H&R springs. I borrowed an impact wrench and simply went to the auto parts store and rented their spring compressor kit. It wasn't all too complicated, just compress the springs evenly for the front housings. Once I returned the compressors, I got refunded my money, so might be worth a try as it was essentially free.

As Freeride mentioned, the rears you may be able to remove without compressing them. With the rear jacked up, undo the lower shock bolts, and undo the sway bar endlink to the trailing arm, have one person stomp on the trailing arm to put some weight on it, then the other person can start to wiggle the spring out of its perch. A pry bar may help if the spring is being extra stubborn.

-Joey

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                                for free you can rent a spring compressor from autozone. just use that
                                but the best ones look like this:
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Str...-/370767950396
                                Thanks for all the input.

I bought this one:

Comment

Working...
                                X