This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I'm sure you can find someone locally but we've got a member here who is helping get it done. His name is Edwin , screename is IRON-E
    Do you know where is he from?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyac28 View Post
      Do you know where is he from?

Los Angeles
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

so, I bought an e34 for parts

it is super clean inside and has working AC and foglights

I paid $100 and feel bad taking it apart :(

anyone need e34 crap?
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          so, I bought an e34 for parts

it is super clean inside and has working AC and foglights

I paid $100 and feel bad taking it apart :(

anyone need e34 crap?

What year?

Comment

cars beep boop

Comment

Good morning everyone. Who thinks I can finish the drivers seat and start/finish the passenger all in one day? Sunday challenge!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

I'm looking for a passenger's side early sealed beam headlight bucket. Anyone have one?
                I'm doing an H4 conversion and while the driver's side is fine, the passenger's side wiggles around in the bucket even after tightening the headlight ring down.

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                  Good morning everyone. Who thinks I can finish the drivers seat and start/finish the passenger all in one day? Sunday challenge!
                  So? How did you do on the challenge? Pics? Where did you get the seat covers?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
                    So? How did you do on the challenge? Pics? Where did you get the seat covers?

Covers came from a 1990's phaff sewing machine and an interest for trying something new.

Finished the lower center cushion, stitched up the upper cushion but didn't have enough time to attach it. Ran into a few errands and had a roadblock along the way (ran out of hog rings which are used to attach fabric to the cushions) so I had to drive out of town to get some. Later in the day I also spent some time working on the 5 lug conversion... so you could say I wasn't so productive on the seats.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

Covers came from a 1990's phaff sewing machine and an interest for trying something new.

Finished the lower center cushion, stitched up the upper cushion but didn't have enough time to attach it. Ran into a few errands and had a roadblock along the way (ran out of hog rings which are used to attach fabric to the cushions) so I had to drive out of town to get some. Later in the day I also spent some time working on the 5 lug conversion... so you could say I wasn't so productive on the seats.
                      Wow! Looks cool. Are you going in business? I need some seats recovered.

Comment

Toodaloo more info on that sewing machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
                          Wow! Looks cool. Are you going in business? I need some seats recovered.

I don't intend on it, however I might do projects for those interested in the side over the summer. Being a full time student and working along the side eats up all my time.

Originally posted by SnowB0und View Post
                          Toodaloo more info on that sewing machine?

I mean, it's an old computerized pfaff home sewing machine... nothing special, just a good predictable machine. You're asking the same question most intro photographers ask about cameras.

Comment

I don't intend on it, however I might do projects for those interested in the side over the summer. Being a full time student and working along the side eats up all my time.

I mean, it's an old computerized pfaff home sewing machine... nothing special, just a good predictable machine. You're asking the same question most intro photographers ask about cameras.
                            Your seats look awesome! I'd love to get my bolsters redone at some point. Nice work.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

hey guys looking for some help with a problem, cars an e46 and i have posted this on e46 fanatics as well but honestly i know and trust this forum more so here ya go any help would be great. i also posted in technical sections but some of you nor cal guys really know your shit so I'm giving it a go

I'm having vibration/ suspension issues need some pointers, I've have searched heavily on all forums and haven't found all info I'm needing so i figure ask the experts. a month ago i did CA's, CAB's, Sway bar end links, resurfaced my rotors , and replaced the two front wheel bearing hubs. as well as an alignment after it was all replaced. I'm now getting vibration at 80+ mph in the steering wheel and really the whole car i doesn't feel like wobbly tie rods more of a vibration through the whole car can feel it in the back of my seat and everything. i have put the car back in the air and checked all suspension bolts to make sure nothing is loose as well as caliper carrier bolts and nothing budges. tires are at 39 up front and 46 out back as per the manual, tires are also in great condition as well. took wheels off and checked wheel bearings they are tight and on there(even though i am getting a helicopter noise 45-60 mph,haven't determined if its from the front or rear though) wheels are torqued to spec. sway bar bushing look fine (small crack in one but not to worrisome) after i got the alignment i went home and popped the hood to find one of the strut mount bolts was loose like when they pop out of their carrier and you have to use a pry bar to re tighten it but i got it tight again(maybe the drive home with one bolt loose adjusted camber or just moved the mount a little in general ?) the little mounting pin on strut tower was not aligned with the hole but i searched and that seems to be a normal thing so they can adjust alignment. other than that I'm stumped can't think of much the only thing I'm still going to try are new tie rods (only piece i didn't change), and a tire balance otherwise can't think of what else. also when i reverse and then hit the brakes hard or soft there is a popping noise(one solid pop like something moves) but can't find anything loose under car. any help would be awesome i know some of you guys really know your **** or just can tell me what I'm over looking. thanks in advanced car is a 04 330ci ZHP 6mt all stock. SORRY FOR LONG POST
                              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Sorry to hear after all the new parts that you're having problems...I know the feeling.

If it's a wheel bearing issue, perhaps try loading/unloading each side of the car with aggressive steering inputs within the speed range the noise occurs. If the bearing is bad, then it'll quiet down once that side of the suspension is unloaded. Unfortunately the rear bearings can be a major PITA.

Maybe your tires need replacing? Some tires are just plain noisy. I had a set of BFG Sport Comp 2 tires on my e36, and after 5000 miles they sounded like I had a bad wheel bearing (stock alignment, nothing fancy). Needless to say they were swapped out for quieter ones.

The tierods may be worth replacing at this point, as any slop they had is potentially amplified from the rest of the suspension components being new & tight.

As for the popping noise in the rear, I had something very similar happen upon reversing. At first I though it was the e-brake out of adjustment, but it turned out the nut on one of the steering rack bolts worked it's way loose ever so slightly. Tightened it up and haven't had the noise come back to date.

Best of luck. The ZHP is a sweet little car :up:
                                Last edited by mtech325; 04-12-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X