This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    yeah, only thing that sucks is the garage is constantly at 100+ degrees and i never have any time off to actually wrench in there D:
    swamp cooler?
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
      I think myself and another r3ver are going to show up for a bit. Is the m62 car going to make it out?

I'll bring those heads for you to take lol ;)
      No, I wish! I'm bending up brake lines right now- motor is back out sitting in front of the car I'll just be spectating with my wife for a few hours. I'll keep an eye out for your car, it would be nice to finally meet you!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
        No, I wish! I'm bending up brake lines right now- motor is back out sitting in front of the car I'll just be spectating with my wife for a few hours. I'll keep an eye out for your car, it would be nice to finally meet you!
        It will get there soon enough!! Yea, look out for the v8 car or a Cirrus blue s52 car. Not sure which we will take yet.
        My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Does anyone in the Sacramento area have a late model fuel pump I can use or buy off them to see if that solves my no start issue?

Comment

It will get there soon enough!! Yea, look out for the v8 car or a Cirrus blue s52 car. Not sure which we will take yet.
            Awesome finally getting to meet you Will (and Bruce)!

Radwood was awesome- great array of cars.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
              Awesome finally getting to meet you Will (and Bruce)!

Radwood was awesome- great array of cars.

It was great to meet you also. Let us know if you need any help or info!
              My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

GUISE

GUISE

i bought another E30

*points down*
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

!!!!!

wat
                  cars beep boop

Comment

E30 penis tattoo? In for pics.
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

Managed to get an exhaust ticket on the way down to bimmerfest with the Bavarian 500 caravan... meh

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                        Managed to get an exhaust ticket on the way down to bimmerfest with the Bavarian 500 caravan... meh
                        Fail! Your exhaust isn't even loud.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                          Fail! Your exhaust isn't even loud.

Will

I know right? They pulled over quite a few of us for various reasons. The guy two cars ahead of me had a full straight pipe. Meanwhile I'm over here with a stock exhaust and a replacement magnaflow muffler getting the ticket... LOL.
                          I was cruising at 70mph at 2300 rpms with my 2.93 diff (swapped it in just for the trip). My car was no louder than my dads Tacoma.

Honestly, my car was just flashier than others so I'm assuming he stopped me for that reason. Stickered up, blue tape covering the front end and behind the wheels to protect from rock chips, gold DEI tape around the exhaust tips, shiny wheels, etc. I was sort of asking to be picked out of the crowd.

He pulled me over, asked about he exhaust and blue tape, had me pop the hood, etc.

Anyway, the officer ended up being a pretty nice guy and gave me a correctable ticket saying all I had to do was swap the stock muffler back on and have it signed off by a local officer.

I'll likely swap the catback today and take it in tomorrow afternoon and have it taken care of.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

I know right? They pulled over quite a few of us for various reasons. The guy two cars ahead of me had a full straight pipe. Meanwhile I'm over here with a stock exhaust and a replacement magnaflow muffler getting the ticket... LOL.
                            I was cruising at 70mph at 2300 rpms with my 2.93 diff (swapped it in just for the trip). My car was no louder than my dads Tacoma.

Honestly, my car was just flashier than others so I'm assuming he stopped me for that reason. Stickered up, blue tape covering the front end and behind the wheels to protect from rock chips, gold DEI tape around the exhaust tips, shiny wheels, etc. I was sort of asking to be picked out of the crowd.

He pulled me over, asked about he exhaust and blue tape, had me pop the hood, etc.

Anyway, the officer ended up being a pretty nice guy and gave me a correctable ticket saying all I had to do was swap the stock muffler back on and have it signed off by a local officer.

I'll likely swap the catback today and take it in tomorrow afternoon and have it taken care of.
                            Lame. I'd say that is a fightable ticket. Did he pull out a decibel meter and measure the sound at a legal distance? If not the whole ticket is hearsay.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Should have informed the officer that you were actually driving a motorcycle with a car body ...all would have been good.

Comment

It was great to meet you also. Let us know if you need any help or info!
                                Dude, we made the latest DWA episode! Episode 248 around minute 55 or so.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X