Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the market for an e30, looking for a friend. Budget is ~$5k. No swaps, no race-spec suspension, no convertibles. Late models preferred, but open to early cars too. Coupes or sedans. Must be a manual and roadworthy, no projects.

What you guys got?

I'm in SF but down for a road trip for the right car.
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

James you cant afford me. stop asking for my car.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

My friends butt doesn't deserve Gucci, no problems with the 4 doors though.

Hey you should get ITB's for that thing...

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Finding a reasonably priced e46 m3 that's not a hunk of junk, seller flipped, salvage titled, missing all records, or priced insanely has been proving a challenge...

Maybe I should just get another e30 and avoid the headache.
          Good luck with the sale Eric!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
            Well stated. I couldn't agree more, for the most part.

I think building a hot M42 would be cool. An detuned S42 clone would be sweet in a 318iS. I say go to town on the M42, make the head flow well, and put some cams in it. I'd bet it would be a ton of fun if done right.

Will

Rebello can make a very nice one happen; but at a cost ......... it would be very nice though but complete running cars with f20c are less money sadly. Back to the buying engine with car attached equation
            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Or build a crazy k20/24 and make more power than an f20c for less dough..

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                Or build a crazy k20/24 and make more power than an f20c for less dough..
                anyone who'd try to referee an E30 with a K-series engine and an F-series transmission is a braver man than i.
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  anyone who'd try to referee an E30 with a K-series engine and an F-series transmission is a braver man than i.
                  Not hard. Engine is newer than the car, and its from a car not a truck. Plenty of BAR'd swapped K hondas running around. Transmission doesn't matter as long as the ECU matches. Manual ecu with manual trans, etc. Exact same process as BARing an M5x swap

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

i'm pretty certain i saw in the CARB swap rules that the transmission and possibly final drive ratio have to be from the donor car. that'd be impossible with a K-engine/F-tranny setup (as much as i love the idea).

researching.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

yeah, this: https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/replace.htm

Transmission or Transaxle
                      Transmissions and transaxles changes alone are not legal. Transmissions and transaxles can only be changed along with their matching engine. The total engine transmission package must conform to the engine change requirements above.
                      that reads to me like the setup we're discussing could be flagged as a no-go by the ref.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

That means the F20 and it's 6speed could be done but I the K was never in a RWD as far as I know
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Huh crazy, never heard that rule before. It doesn't fall under the engine swap portion of the rules, and I know there's a "reasonable" clause in there for fitting headers and similar items. Needing to run a rwd trans would certainly fall under the reasonable category.

Most of the BAR offices will work with you to get it to pass. At the end of the day, it's up to the ref.

My first 318is was m50tu swapped, but retained the original 318 transmission... it passed with no issues..

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

m30 swapped e30 for $1700
                            https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...217212701.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sundeep View Post
                              why are you selling it so cheap? seems to be way under valued
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                                why are you selling it so cheap? seems to be way under valued
                                it's not mine lol. I think the guy is moving and can't take it with him

Comment

Working...
                                X