This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    they have been blowing shit out of their warehouse. last I heard, they were moving down to the SJ area.
    Blowing shit out as in blow out sale?!?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

All I know is Julien snagged a set of Recaro LS-B's for me for real cheap, and I missed a $120 set of iX mudflaps.
      cars beep boop

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
        Alternatively, I also have this piece:

Can this be cut/welded in?

Tie your bumper mount to a big parked car or stationary object using a chain, roll your car back slowly (walking speed) to straighten the mount. Locate the chain and roll the car based on which direction the mount needs to move. Use multiple small pulls rather than 1 big one. Fine tune with a wood 2x4 and a big hammer.
        Fixed a few bent frames this way, just recently got my 5 series rear ended and the trunk latch was pushed in 1-2cm. A few good blows with a sledge fixed that, but for frame rails you’ll definitely need the weight of the car to do the work.

Once the mount is straightened out the rest is just cosmetic.
        Last edited by pandaboo911; 03-07-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          All I know is Julien snagged a set of Recaro LS-B's for me for real cheap, and I missed a $120 set of iX mudflaps.
          Aw man. :(

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Anyone heading to radwood sonoma tomorrow?

Hope its not too rainy.

Comment

Any of you Bay Area guys into cycling? Looking for more weekend morning riding buddies!

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                Any of you Bay Area guys into cycling? Looking for more weekend morning riding buddies!
                I actually just bought a road bike last weekend, been commuting over the Dumbarton to work this week. Rehabbing my knee a bit and getting used to biking again.

Whereabouts do you ride?
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  I actually just bought a road bike last weekend, been commuting over the Dumbarton to work this week. Rehabbing my knee a bit and getting used to biking again.

Whereabouts do you ride?
                  That’s rad! I am actually also rehabing my knee, which I got a pretty bad bone bruise on back in January (still kinda swollen/painful).

I usually ride in the East Bay, but like to do SF, Marin and Peninsula when I can. My go-to ride is usually from my house in Alameda (by Oakland airport), up to the Oakland & Berkeley hills Skyline, and back.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

I'm always looking for someone to ride with, dirt or road. Not a ton of dirt to ride up here, but there is some good road riding. I will say I'm about as far out of shape as I get. (Haven't ridden yet this year, only got out for a dozen rides last year.)

Will
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

That’s rad! I am actually also rehabing my knee, which I got a pretty bad bone bruise on back in January (still kinda swollen/painful).

I usually ride in the East Bay, but like to do SF, Marin and Peninsula when I can. My go-to ride is usually from my house in Alameda (by Oakland airport), up to the Oakland & Berkeley hills Skyline, and back.
                      lets go! planning on riding if my back allows it tomorrow.
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Alignment question. My entire suspension is a hodge-podge of parts. It's a weekend cruiser and will see some Auto-X and mountain twisties.

What specs for front toe and rear camber & toe should I give to the alignment shop?
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                          Alignment question. My entire suspension is a hodge-podge of parts. It's a weekend cruiser and will see some Auto-X and mountain twisties.

What specs for front toe and rear camber & toe should I give to the alignment shop?
                          Do you have camber plates? Stock e30's only have front toe adjustment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

That depends on a lot of things. First off, unless you have adjustable rear control arms, you aren't doing a thing back there. Up front, everything depends on your roll center. If its good (do the control arms slope down toward the wheels or inward toward the engine? If its good they will slope outward toward the wheels.) You can get away with less static camber, I'd try -2 degrees camber, as much caster as you can get, and zero toe. If your roll center is below ground, (control arms slope inward) you will need to start with as much camber as you can get. Why? because when you have bad geometry, mac strut suspensions lose static camber when the suspension is compressed, be it from braking or cornering. I've found that toe settings tend to chew up tires faster than camber.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
                              Do you have camber plates? Stock e30's only have front toe adjustment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                              That depends on a lot of things.

Will
                              I made rear TA adjusters, have '96+ e36 m3 front components, e30m3 solid offset CABs, 6 cyl z3 rear stuff, H&R Race springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, e38 wheels (16x8 et23), aggressive tires (255-50-16), and home made spring risers. "hodge-podge"

I'll look at my CA angle, but the question still stands, what should I use as my target specs? I can play with it later, I just want a good baseline.

sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

-2.5 to -3.5 in front, degree less in rear has always worked for me camber wise. More negative gets you better corner grip but worse straightline braking. Also you tires last less long. Toe, factory specs, w/e
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X