Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snapped a shot while out getting estimates at body shops.

cars beep boop

Comment

Very nice. Also, is that a slicktop? I don't think I've ever seen a slicktop E24. Suuuuuper jealous.
      sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

My 1991 325i Calypsorot Metallic

Ready for wet sanding!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        ---------------------------------
        89 E30 S52
        ---------------------------------
        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

That's a nice lookin car Dmitriy.

Comment

@Ross--i got in contact with him, he just didn't have his phone with him all day (or so he says). He said he'd also mail me 8GB of RAM that he didn't need, but I'm absolutely not counting on that ever happening. I do still have the carpet, it's tan, but Spencer currently has dibs on it.

Also this happened to my dad's car today. He just said it made a loud noise and the car wouldn't move anymore (open diff). Hopefully the diff output flange (if that's what it's called) is okay, the half shaft doesn't matter. Anyone have a spare diff cover that I could have for cheap or a parts trade?

The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by canakami View Post
              Very nice. Also, is that a slicktop? I don't think I've ever seen a slicktop E24. Suuuuuper jealous.
              yup, the very early e24s are either AC or sunroof. Slicktop is extremely rare, not many sprung for AC in '78, but this car was pretty well specced out. Early sunroofs also were notoriously leaky and fragile, so I think I won.

thanks guys! I'm happy to be driving it again. Bernz - is that a new coat of paint on there? Do you know a place that could do that for my six for.. like.. 3k?
              cars beep boop

Comment

I know a place actually

PM me if youd like

Comment

(づ◕‿‿◕)づ
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Kuhby Kuuuhhby

Comment

wow! just be glad that your dad is okay and didn't get into an accident because of it.

Leo

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                      @Ross--i got in contact with him, he just didn't have his phone with him all day (or so he says). He said he'd also mail me 8GB of RAM that he didn't need, but I'm absolutely not counting on that ever happening. I do still have the carpet, it's tan, but Spencer currently has dibs on it.

Also this happened to my dad's car today. He just said it made a loud noise and the car wouldn't move anymore (open diff). Hopefully the diff output flange (if that's what it's called) is okay, the half shaft doesn't matter. Anyone have a spare diff cover that I could have for cheap or a parts trade?

Comment

It looks like all the bolts somehow backed themselves out at once....but how would that explain the rear cover snapping at the mounting point?

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

the bolts don't all back off at once, it probably waggled around furiously when it let go, which stressed the diff in weird ways and caused it to crack the cover
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Is that an E30?

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                              the bolts don't all back off at once, it probably waggled around furiously when it let go, which stressed the diff in weird ways and caused it to crack the cover
                              Makes sense. I'll put new half shafts on it and a new cover hopefully this weekend.
                              Originally posted by Chunter View Post
                              Is that an E30?
                              Yes

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Hey.............are any of you gais coming to CarBeQue?
                                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                                X