This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
    what are you studying there? plan on going to a univ. after?

Honestly, sometimes, despite the pressures of society, I wish i had gone the CC route. I am going to be in so much fucking debt. FML
    Doing my general education an trying to get into the respiratory care program :) no ucs for me

Comment

Spency, what do you need to get your e30 running?

Comment

That's fuckin sick dude! More than I got paid when I was your age (a few years ago, lol)

BTW, the inspiration is nice, but in the end, it's up to you.
        I have friends who's parents were smart, loaded, and now they're fuck ups. Opposite too.

Not to sound corny, but it's all up to you.
        Just hold on, and keep pimpin'.

BTW question for Ameet ... I remember you said you were in a frat (they same one as b-foye ) how is that?
        A whole bunch of my teammates rushed Sigma Chi recently, and I went to the first event, but realized that I should focus on finishing out the year with high grades since I needed to get em' up.

I'm thinking about Sophomore rush in the fall. Recommend it?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
          I'll probably do that. It seems the easiest grades-wise, and the smartest financially. Anyways...i'm off for the night guys. Be back tomorrow morning.
          Shit, don't settle for that. At least APPLY to schools and try your ass off in doing so.
          Don't slack.
          Hell, if you have to apply all over again, its better having done it once.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Night. Just finished all my hw.
            STAR Testing tomorrow /:

Comment

That's fuckin sick dude! More than I got paid when I was your age (a few years ago, lol)

BTW, the inspiration is nice, but in the end, it's up to you.
              I have friends who's parents were smart, loaded, and now they're fuck ups. Opposite too.

Not to sound corny, but it's all up to you.
              Just hold on, and keep pimpin'.

BTW question for Ameet ... I remember you said you were in a frat (they same one as b-foye ) how is that?
              A whole bunch of my teammates rushed Sigma Chi recently, and I went to the first event, but realized that I should focus on finishing out the year with high grades since I needed to get em' up.

I'm thinking about Sophomore rush in the fall. Recommend it?
              hahahaha about that.. I decided to leave SJ for personal reasons and came back to dvc. But I'm applying next semester to UC's so I should be outta here again in a minute.
              Greeklife you ask? It's chill. Parties? They're chill. Girls? Slutty as fuck, but chill. Trying to stay out of the drama that comes with? GHEY

It becomes like high school dude; you're exposed to so many students because of rush events, dance formals, sorority gift exchanges.
              You start to know everyone on a first name basis which is cool but I'd rather not say what's up to every other damn person I see while walking to class. (It's most likely diff in sd cuz bigger school waffleswaffleswaffles)
              I'll put it this way, if you value your alone time; don't do it, it'll become non-existant.
              One of the main reasons of why I pledged was to get into all the weekend parties(being greek will open A LOT of doors socially for you). Being a GDI (urbandictionary it :giggle:) made it nearly impossible to get into frat parties aka #fuckbitchesgetmoney.
              But hey it's all you waffleswaffleswaffles. I think balancing crew, keeping a competitive gpa, and pledging a fraternity may crack your sanity. Maybe not waffleswaffleswaffles? :shock:

tl;dr: rush the first couple events to see how you dig it. if you do, pledge. if not, fuxwit your crew instead
              Last edited by RUFFLZ; 04-19-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                Spency, what do you need to get your e30 running?
                quite literally one bolt, and some help.

but really all i need is time. time to finish grinding all my valves and some help pulling the remainder of a cylinder head stud out of my e30 block.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                  Awesome, there's a good crew out that way and your not far from the bay, I'm sure you will enjoy it! If you don't already have suspension on your e30 I highly suggest you go chit chat with the guys at ground control and check there shop out, there located off the ponderosa exit of highway 50, just past Cameron park.

I'd love to live in sac area haha.
                  Cool I might swing by sometime. Too bad I left my e30 down south.
                  Anyone here go to uti?

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

Originally posted by jp_slick View Post
                    Cool I might swing by sometime. Too bad I left my e30 down south.
                    Anyone here go to uti?
                    my friend went there but he graduated last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                      quite literally one bolt, and some help.

but really all i need is time. time to finish grinding all my valves and some help pulling the remainder of a cylinder head stud out of my e30 block.
                      Not being rude, but the time you spend on r3v you could be grinding valves the whole time.

Comment

Spence get that e30 running by the second meet and we shall dedicate it to the revival of it. LOL
                        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

In STAR testing. Very bored.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                            Not being rude, but the time you spend on r3v you could be grinding valves the whole time.
                            not rude at all dude, completely true, i need to just find my motivation.

Comment

Shit, don't settle for that. At least APPLY to schools and try your ass off in doing so.
                              Don't slack.
                              Hell, if you have to apply all over again, its better having done it once.
                              I'm not settling for it. I'll still get grades as good as I can, but everyone seems to agree that JC's are the smartest choice for the first 2 years of undergrad. I'll apply everywhere, but it seems like a decent plan to go to a CSU or whatever for 2 years.
                              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I know that I'm coming in late in this education game but..

If you guys are eligible to get cal-grants or the federal loans without accruing interest is the best way to pay for college. Also, look into school programs like research studies that pay for you for your time. I'm currently going to SJSU and basically I have a free ride on this university for another year (when I graduate, hopefully). I went to a CC-SJSU route and I couldn't be any happier financially.
                                - 98 M3 Cabrio
                                Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                                Instagram: @herbreal
                                Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Working...
                                X