Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to know that my car has these problems (well, I do, but that's not what I'm getting at haha). I just want to know the symptoms people hear/see to be able to detect these problems. IE, how do you know your engine has a rough idle/exhaust leak/etc?

Anyway, the valve tick is horrible, and it's only one; and its audible even from inside the car. Last time I heard a tick this bad was when I test drove a buddy's parts car before pulling the engine. When we took the valve cover off, one of the rockers was completely off the spring and wasn't even opening the valve. It was a miracle the thing even ran, but seeing as it was parts, it didn't need to exactly. I'm scared to do the same with the IS and find the same deal, but seeing as the power is incredibly weak compared to the Schwarz bomber, I'm expecting anything...

Once I finally land a real job, I'll be doing a minor reconstruction of the top end sometime in summer when it heats up and cash flow has increased

Comment

have you peaked into the valve cover?
      could be a broken rocker arm.

Comment

Not yet; weather, work, and holidays have been putting working on the e30 on the backburner

Comment

Anyone know of any good junkyards in Sac area? The ones that I've been to we're less than stellar

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
            Anyone know of any good junkyards in Sac area? The ones that I've been to we're less than stellar
            What are you looking for? Self-service or full-service? E30 or something else? The pick pull in south sac has treated me pretty well over the last 2 years, but YMMV and you should check stock online before heading in. I'm generally looking for electronic bits, switches, suspension stuff, trim or something from the engine bay. If you're looking for interior, headlights, a convertible top, or anything else high-demand then you may need to try afull-service wrecker instead.
            The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread - a work in progress

Comment

Just in case anyone is looking for a good running M20 I'll pull it out there that mine is going to be available as soon as someone wants it or I pull it. Gearing up for my swap. PM if interested.
              The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread - a work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                Anyone know how I could fix an exhaust leak at the flexible connector by the manifold?
                I dont think it can be welded since its supposed to bend?

Comment

i need your help guys

Comment

i know not everyone does wiring but a lot of you guys with swaps might be familiar with what wire goes were. this is really the only part that has stumped me.
                    all the stuff with masking tape is what i have ID' but eveyrhting else im still dumbfounded

Comment

oh my
                      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/3508736411.html

would pick up so fast if I had the means to do so

Comment

Oliver, why don't you write down all the colors of the wires and I'll see what I can do to help. Discount on paint job. Lol.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                        ---------------------------------
                        89 E30 S52
                        ---------------------------------
                        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

I have to pull my intake manifold -_-

Comment

What happened ?
                            Suspension tips here...
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
                              What happened ?
                              coolant tube that goes to the back of the head is disconnected, not sure if i can connect it with the intake manifold in the way.

Comment

drop the tranny mount and put a jack under the tranny and you can probably make enough room on the firewall side to connect it.

anyone have any suggestions on where to get an e30 vert top put on? I have the top already.

Comment

Working...
                                X