Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Bernzpeed ne way I can get the plastic bumper assembly who I can ditch my fucked up diving boards.

Comment

did a timing belt/water pump/cat back in 6 hours today.

by far closest call i have ever seen. tensioner was wobbling.

IMG_7485

IMG_7482
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by BMWamongJDM View Post
        @Bernzpeed ne way I can get the plastic bumper assembly who I can ditch my fucked up diving boards.
        pmd

Originally posted by Vivek
        Is it a vert? I need a ton of vert shit but nothing that I can think of from a coupe or sedan.
        what vert parts do u need?

Originally posted by $hane View Post
        I dunno, im pretty pricey! Lol Honestly though youd be better off buying one. It would probably be a couple months before i could get to it.
        I'm not in a hurry, I am still putting my M50 together. I did a top end overhaul on it.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        ---------------------------------
        89 E30 S52
        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
          I believe you just delete that wire that connects to the auto tranny
          Correct! E30s are actually set up to run as manuals from the factories. An automatics wiring harnessrhat goes from the ECU (like 2-3 wires) is what makes the manual into an auto. If you cut/unplug the harness, the ECU runs as a manual because there is no feed to tell it to run as an auto. The tranny isn't hooked up to the cluster like it is in the e36/e46, so pretty much it's all plug and play..

Gawsh.. This swap is freakin hard... Stripped a tranny bolt (the one right next to the starter) so were letting a socket JB weld overnight and getting back to it in the morning... Got my driveshaft ready to go, pedal box all hooked up (took forever!), and the autoshifter out. All that's needed now is to drop the auto and get the manual in...

I now see why people say leave 2 solid days to do this. If you think you could have it done in a day, please come see me first ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
            Anyone here that's is tall have problems with sport seats?

I'm 6'3" and this past week my lower back has really started to hurt. I feel like its because of my seats. I'm not sure.
            They haven't really hurt me and my knees touch the wheel with the seat all the way back, lol.
            -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
            Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
            Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
            Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
            Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Going to be fixing my broken door handle tomorrow. yyaaayy

My locks are hard to turn with the keys. Is there anyways to fix them while i am in there?
              If no one knows I will just try and lube them up.

Comment

spray the lock cylinder with brake cleaner and then spray it with lube. if it still hard to turn, it's internal, get a repair kit from pelican parts
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                89 E30 S52
                Transaction Feedback.

Comment

my life saver.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                    Correct! E30s are actually set up to run as manuals from the factories. An automatics wiring harnessrhat goes from the ECU (like 2-3 wires) is what makes the manual into an auto. If you cut/unplug the harness, the ECU runs as a manual because there is no feed to tell it to run as an auto. The tranny isn't hooked up to the cluster like it is in the e36/e46, so pretty much it's all plug and play..

Gawsh.. This swap is freakin hard... Stripped a tranny bolt (the one right next to the starter) so were letting a socket JB weld overnight and getting back to it in the morning... Got my driveshaft ready to go, pedal box all hooked up (took forever!), and the autoshifter out. All that's needed now is to drop the auto and get the manual in...

I now see why people say leave 2 solid days to do this. If you think you could have it done in a day, please come see me first ;)
                    If you were local i'd be there.. :)

And good to know about the harness, makes it that much easier for the swap. And my first tranny swap was a pita! You get better each time you do it loll :giggle:

And this is what happened during my swap, one of the bolts that connects to the head

EDIT: Wow, shitty phone pic is shitty

Good luck tmw!

Comment

Freak! That sucks! Lol

I was actually contemplating going up north for the swap. I got a couple buds up there would would lve to exchange labor-for-labor (causerhey have 5-speed swaps they want to do too.)

By the time I'm up in Sac-town though.. I'll be thinking about e30 m3 5-lugs, RX-7 BBK fabbing, and s54 6-speed swap lol
                      Plenty of stuff to keep me busy :-D

Comment

Anyone know what bbs came on some of the e24's?

The ones I am looking at appear to be gold centered silver lip.

34/36 bolt hole. I missed count. it is one of those. I think 34.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                          ....RX-7 BBK fabbing
                          I have a set of calipers ill let go

Comment

I seen some rx-7 bbk go for $350 with everything on here. Seems like a good deal if that is what youre lookign for.

Comment

Finished making another 24v wiring harness adapter :D.. Plugged it in my car earlier and it started right up :up:

Comment

Originally posted by cmybimmer View Post
                                Finished making another 24v wiring harness adapter :D.. Plugged it in my car earlier and it started right up :up:

When the time comes, you shall receive a call. LOL
                                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                                IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X