Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like the cat wasnt warm. i drive my car hard and let it idle to get it to pass smog
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Good luck! Usually Craigslist guys are done and over with after the transaction. You may get lucky, but of not, try it again after hard driving; I regularly bumped my e30 off the redline to get it to pass on the way to the smogger. If it doesn't warm up, could be the thermostat

If not, if your only failing NOx, it's only your cat, and a new one with welding for an m42 is like $150

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        sounds like the cat wasnt warm. i drive my car hard and let it idle to get it to pass smog
        I heard of this blow torch heat up technique but I don't want to go that route just for the car to pass smog lol.
        - 98 M3 Cabrio
        Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
        Instagram: @herbreal
        Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          Good luck! Usually Craigslist guys are done and over with after the transaction, you may get lucky, but of not, if your only failing NOx, it's your cat and new m42 cats are cheaper than m20.

Probably get it squared away for $200 make with welding
          He's a reputable guy and wanted me to "spruce up" the car and send progress. It just sucks that I'm making time for this car when I really don't have time for anything haha.
          - 98 M3 Cabrio
          Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
          Instagram: @herbreal
          Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Attention NGC. If you're not a total vagina you should come drive at Laguna Seca on April 3rd. $190.

Golden Gate Lotus Club on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Salinas, CA - Come join the Golden Gate Lotus Club for this open track event at Laguna Seca Raceway April 3, 2013 You do not need to own a Lotus to attend this event. Price is $190 for non-GGLC members and $170 for...

I'll be there in my stock E46, come show up so we can park hard and drive really slow.

Comment

I don't have a trackable car, otherwise I would :c
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                Attention NGC. If you're not a total vagina you should come drive at Laguna Seca on April 3rd. $190.

Golden Gate Lotus Club on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Salinas, CA - Come join the Golden Gate Lotus Club for this open track event at Laguna Seca Raceway April 3, 2013 You do not need to own a Lotus to attend this event. Price is $190 for non-GGLC members and $170 for...

I'll be there in my stock E46, come show up so we can park hard and drive really slow.
                gawd, i wish my M3's HG was better. I wanna go so bad
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  I don't have a trackable car, otherwise I would :c
                  This and if I had money

Comment

Hey has anyone ever replaced the lens on a headlight? I read the DIY and was wondering if anyone tried it or has a fool proof method that would prevent any cracking of the lens.
                    SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                    IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                    BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                      Hey has anyone ever replaced the lens on a headlight? I read the DIY and was wondering if anyone tried it or has a fool proof method that would prevent any cracking of the lens.
                      Is this with the easy-oven method?
                      Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.LUGO View Post
                        Is this with the easy-oven method?
                        Yepp the oven method
                        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                          Dude I've seen a running m42 on here for 60 bucks. Someone i believe in LA sold an m42, g240, driveshaft, and diff for $75 a while ago. Ran fine too.
                          I want a cheap M42.

Would strap it to a bench so I can be a bench racer.
                          -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
                          Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
                          Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
                          Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
                          Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post

I am not one of those so I am going.
                            -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
                            Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
                            Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
                            Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
                            Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Originally posted by cyberkaa View Post
                              I want a cheap M42.

Would strap it to a bench so I can be a bench racer.
                              your wish. my command
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                                i've done it but my lens was cracked so all I did was break it out, clean groove with flat head screw driver then place a bead of E-6000 around the edge. No problems for 2 years now.
                                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Working...
                                X