Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to move to Cali (San Francisco area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to move to Cali (San Francisco area)

So I'm from NJ and I'm hoping to make a big life changing event occur in August/September, I'm looking to move to the San francisco area. I'm currently scouting for airline tickets for the month of may to visit some family and friends. Any suggestions on areas to live (cheap), things to do/see etc. also any dope meets or shows in may!?!?! I would appreciate any and all information.
    sigpic

Nothing in the bay is cheap.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Are you only looking in SF, or the bay area? My dad is looking at houses in Dixon/Vacaville area and theyre going for real cheap.. But then again.. Thats like a good hour fifteen from SF lol

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
        Nothing in the bay is cheap.
        I meant cheaper, but I'm looking to be within 45 minutes or so from San Fran
        sigpic

Comment

Concord area, albany, san leandro. Avoid oakland and richmond. Been living in bay area for 32 years.
          Owner - Bavarian Restoration
          BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
          www.BavRest.com
          My Feedback Thread
          Our Facebook!
          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

east bay is where you will probably find a place.
            just as greg said.
            Pittsburg is cheap as hell and it right on the bart line to get to SF.

Comment

there are many good areas in Oakland, like right by rockridge. I would also suggest San Mateo, San Bruno, and the areas south of San Fran. A lot cheaper than SF and you don't have to deal with the 80 or 880.
              an extremely pugnacious, snarly little bastard of a car.

Comment

ya, oakland is way better than pittsburgh, concord, albany or whatever.. just don't live in the flatlands. run up to rockridge like above said or the hills. super nice, bang for buck and really pretty. penninsula is foggy all the time.. 101 blooowwwws...
                91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

East Bay is where you want to be.
                  Look for places around Lakeshore, Rockridge in Oakland, and just about everywhere in Berkeley.
                  Alameda is okay too, if you prefer a smaller-town feel, within minutes of everything big.

The Peninsula is cool. A lot of hot girls, and shiet.
                  East Bay has everything one could possibly want, to be honest, you can really get a slice of everything in each part of the bay area.

Marin county is usually cold, and foggy as fack from outside. It's okay, REALLY beautiful, great roads, beautiful views, and more wealthy people.

South Bay is totally meh. Also Don't move to Fremont/Union City/Newark/Hayward b/c fail

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

There's some places on the outskirts of the city that are pretty cheap. Check out Daly City or south SF, both have easy BART access into the city center.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

you should move to pleasanton/dublin hella crackin tho
                      not really tho

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        There's some places on the outskirts of the city that are pretty cheap. Check out Daly City or south SF, both have easy BART access into the city center.
                        Daly City/South city are pretty meh if you ask me.
                        Not much to do except go to the airport
                        Millbrae, San Bruno, and southwards are really chill.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Berkeley really isnt far from SF at all, just cross the bridge or take bart over yo.
                          Rockridge ftw! has bart right there, as well as plenty of wonderful hipsters

Although, the Peninsula is nice. I'm originally (originally) from San Mateo.
                          I have a lot of family in SM, Belmont, and my parents lived in Burlingame.

From my personal experience in the last 3 years that I've had my drivers license, I for some reason enjoyed going to Berkeley more when I had a girlfriend that lived there instead of the one that lived in Palo Alto. Just sayin'. Places like Burlingame give me too much of a 80s/90s feel.
                          Berkeley and the East Bay are pretty f'n current.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

I like where I live but it's not for someone who's in their 20's/30's. There's honestly not much for anyone in that age range. There's plenty of kids, but once people go to college, they don't come back to Los Gatos. Weather is MUCH nicer than SF.

Just don't go anywhere weird. Pittsburgh, Concord, Daly City, Brentwood, etc. Sina knows what he's talking about.
                            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I like the Tri-cities... Not too far from SJ or SF. Lots of things happening around here too. Prices have dropped significantly as well

Comment

Working...
                              X