Anybody here from San Francisco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody here from San Francisco?

So I'm planing a trip to SacTown to see some friends, and since San Francisco is about an hour away...I figured it would be a good idea to visit there as well(never been there).

So, is there any nice beaches to visit? Parks? Cool visitors location.

And just for example:
    When someone visits Seattle, most recommend visiting Pikes Place...etc.
    When someone visits Portland, most recommend visiting Vista House, Multnomah Falls...etc.

This is what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

I've actually been in SF oddly everyday for the last 5 days.
    I can recommend tons of places. But most of all - I'd recommend visiting the east bay, like Berkeley and Oakland as well.

lemme hitchu back tomorrow.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
      I can recommend tons of places. But most of all - I'd recommend visiting the east bay, like Berkeley and Oakland as well.

Don't know about Oakland, stay away from East Oakland, but Berkeley is fun, near UC berkeley campus, Telegraph ave.

For SF, some areas are Embarcadero, AT&T ball park, Twin Peaks, Sutro baths, Downtown has amazing shopping and food, Fisherman's Wharf, Presidio, Marina District, Golden Gate viewpoints, lots of stuff to do.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

yup, do that.

you can Amtrak from Sac to Oakland (or Emeryville, where I live, nice area too) and hopefully by the time you get down here, BART will be back online, which gives you access to the rest of the bay area.

since i moved to east bay a few months ago i've been finding places to urban hike (gf and i did the city cemetery a couple weeks back... fucking huge place, and kind of history/architecture lesson along with the exercise)- let me know if you're into that idea and i can recommend a few places.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Twin peaks, if you want a nice view.

Comment

Yes. Go and see Berkeley, it's a cool atmostphere - college, university aves, 4th street, etc.
            the hills are nice to see, grizzly peak, and other roads are cool to drive and see the view.

east and west oakland are pretty shitty, but west oakland is growing into a cool industrial/metro area.

the peninsula is nice too, i'd see woodside, cañada road, burlingame, etc..

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

twin peaks if there is no fog. same goes for Golden Gate bridge. they are pointless when its foggy.
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                twin peaks if there is no fog. same goes for Golden Gate bridge. they are pointless when its foggy.
                Yes. Go and see Berkeley, it's a cool atmostphere - college, university aves, 4th street, etc.
                the hills are nice to see, grizzly peak, and other roads are cool to drive and see the view.

east and west oakland are pretty shitty, but west oakland is growing into a cool industrial/metro area.

the peninsula is nice too, i'd see woodside, cañada road, burlingame, etc..
                Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                Twin peaks, if you want a nice view.
                Originally posted by decay View Post
                yup, do that.

you can Amtrak from Sac to Oakland (or Emeryville, where I live, nice area too) and hopefully by the time you get down here, BART will be back online, which gives you access to the rest of the bay area.

since i moved to east bay a few months ago i've been finding places to urban hike (gf and i did the city cemetery a couple weeks back... fucking huge place, and kind of history/architecture lesson along with the exercise)- let me know if you're into that idea and i can recommend a few places.
                Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
                Don't know about Oakland, stay away from East Oakland, but Berkeley is fun, near UC berkeley campus, Telegraph ave.

For SF, some areas are Embarcadero, AT&T ball park, Twin Peaks, Sutro baths, Downtown has amazing shopping and food, Fisherman's Wharf, Presidio, Marina District, Golden Gate viewpoints, lots of stuff to do.

Thanks guys for all the pointers!!! That should keep my entire day busy :)

Comment

Do not forget the following:
                  -Academy of Sciences
                  -BOMA
                  -De Young
                  Also for neighborhood flavors
                  -Mission District
                  -China Town
                  -Castro
                  -Japan Town
                  Bridges
                  -Golden Gate