Best tasting Mangoes in SoCal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best tasting Mangoes in SoCal?

Summer is almost over and in my quest to find the tastiest mangoes (I'm not talking about the supermarket $2-3 per mango bland taste) I turn to my friends at R3V, where's the best tasting mangoes?

I've tried a carton of small sized mangoes from Seafood City in Carson and they were pretty delicious. Any other places in SoCal?

No farmers markets in SoCal?

Comment

There's a farmer's market around here. I luv it.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

the name of the farm is escaping me at the moment, but there is a vietnamese woman who grows what many consider to be the best mangos in the usa out near some man made resivoir in the general area of palm springs. maybe someone in socal sells her stuff.
        I like cats.

Comment

"There's something about mangoes that inspires obsession. Shoppers at the Santa Monica Farmers' Market are used to finding delicious fruit like Snow Queen white nectarines and Persian mulberries, but they really go wild when Deborah Chamberlain shows up with her mangoes, grown at Wong Farms in Mecca, near Southern California's Salton Sea. "They're wonderfully fresh, juicy, and aromatic," said Nancy Sternberg, a regular customer. "We're so fortunate to be able to buy these.""

Comment

You have to know how to shop for them.

I like mangoes too but, like most of the people out there., I've had my share of crappy, bland, tasteless ones.

Interested in the Santa Monica Farmers market ones now, they are there tomorrow, so I might just pic some up.
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I went to the Ralphs on venice and la brea last week and bought a couple (2 for $1) and they were awesome. They were so good i could not bring myself you pour lime juice and tampico on them. Usually my girl picks them up from the 99 ranch market. The trick is you have to smell them. If they don't smell sweet then pass on them.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Produce advice, now available from and for your local r3ver...

Comment

when I went to Acapulco I picked those motherfuckers from trees, best mango everrrrr

Comment

Trader joes has had organic mangoes for .99 each. Yesterday they didn't have any so that ship might have sailed but they were really good. They were some of the best I've had in the us. I think they were from Mexico. The non organic ones are not so great most of the time.
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert View Post
                      "There's something about mangoes that inspires obsession. Shoppers at the Santa Monica Farmers' Market are used to finding delicious fruit like Snow Queen white nectarines and Persian mulberries, but they really go wild when Deborah Chamberlain shows up with her mangoes, grown at Wong Farms in Mecca, near Southern California's Salton Sea. "They're wonderfully fresh, juicy, and aromatic," said Nancy Sternberg, a regular customer. "We're so fortunate to be able to buy these.""
                      That is the woman I was thinking about. Hope to one day taste those delicious mangos....
                      I like cats.

Comment

Champagne ones. You do not have to clean your teeth after. Taste the best.

Comment

best kine mango's

Originally posted by capn View Post
                          Summer is almost over and in my quest to find the tastiest mangoes (I'm not talking about the supermarket $2-3 per mango bland taste) I turn to my friends at R3V, where's the best tasting mangoes?

I've tried a carton of small sized mangoes from Seafood City in Carson and they were pretty delicious. Any other places in SoCal?
                          Not sure where, but look for Kurishigi or Hayden varieties of mango

Comment

Tasty Mangoes are us...

PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                              when I went to Acapulco I picked those motherfuckers from trees, best mango everrrrr
                              South of Acapulco, in La Costa Chica, they grow mangoes the size of cantaloupes called Patacones. They are unbelievable.
                              1990 Alpine 325iC.

Comment

Working...
                              X