Torrance Meet | Saturday 4/26/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torrance Meet | Saturday 4/26/14

• AMC Rolling Hills 20 parking lot, bottom level of the structure. 2591 Airport Dr, Torrance, CA 90505

• Saturday April 26, starting at 10pm. Drive through Palos Verdes after 11, or whenever we want to leave. Put this shit in your calendar, man!

Optionally enjoy a meal at In-N-Out or Fatburger after the drive; if you so desire. All car makes are welcome.

This will be the fifth meet at this location. So far we haven't had more than 4 cars, so security hasn't been a problem. Yes I'm aware of TPD, but I have that covered.

This is the first time I've posted on a forum outside of a Mazda and Nissan group. This means you can expect Miata's and Rx7's & 240sx's to possibly show up. But that's it, just them and you guys. For now it's a small, growing group. I haven't found any other type of meet in this area, so this is my attempt at creating one. Hopefully it sticks.

I do have an E30, and I'm rebuilding the engine right now. At the moment I'm driving my Miata.

We'll leave the parking lot after 11 to drive through the hills of PV. Have fun, but don't be an idiot. Police aren't common up there, but do expect one.

That's it. It's a new meet, so don't expect a family of veterans with endless inside jokes. It'sokay if you're shy. We're going because we have a shared interest in cars. Hope you can come by!
    Last edited by Chilezen; 04-18-2014, 12:48 PM.

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

This is not a good spot. That whole plaza is a bad area. trust

Comment

Knox is enough to shy me off. It's local so I might swing by for a burger.
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

^^^this hahaha
        I work in pv everyday they would love to have you guys drive through their lol
        sigpic

1985 528e turbo project sold
        1987 325is Hellrot _ r.i.p
        1988 Seta Alpine white _ impound
        1987 325is Delphin Gray_sold
        1987 325is Zinno _ ?sold
        1988 325is Alpine White _sold
        1991 318i Zinno Gone....

Current:
        1988 s52 325ic Shwartz
        1968 2002 PROJECT JBRIDGE
        1992 525i/5 Glanzschwarz DailyCruiser

BAVARIANS AND SCANDINAVIANS DON'T GET ALONG...
        NEiTHER DOES MY LEFT AND RIGHT NUT
        BUT HEY TOGETHER THEY MAKE ONE HELL OF A FUCKING TEAM:)

Comment

The spot's been good for two months so far, but I can see how more cars will ruin it. Right now I'm just waiting for more people to actually show up so we can choose a more appropriate location.

Also we've driven through PV reasonably fast and all of us have had quiet exhausts... The noise might make a difference for some, so long as we aren't stopped for excessive speed.

The drive should be more of a cruise anyway, not a race.

Comment

No one here 'races,' but I think everyone enjoys a good canyon run. Just maybe not in PV haha.
            1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
            1974 2002tii / stock
            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
              a good canyon run. Just maybe not in PV haha.
              Right right I get ya, I'd rather go up to GMR or Santa Monica/San Gabriel Mtns., but the point is to do something local. I'm not suggesting "yeah pv is the shit let's do it every weekend," I just want some people to cruise with a couple times a month, and isn't too far. Once a season I'd love to plan a trip into the mountains, separately.

Comment

Besides the issue of going on a drive through the stoplight-ridden streets of PV being a problem, the time is a big issue. Very few people will what to go on a drive that late at night.

Just a few things to think about.

Taylor
                Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                  stoplight-ridden streets and the time is a big issue. Very few people will what to go on a drive that late at night.

Taylor
                  Palos Verdes Drive East has 2 stoplights of its 7-ish miles of twisty road. All the PV Drive South/East/West stints have a minimal amount of lights, with North being the exception. Plus when you know which neighborhoods to go through, there's a lot of low-speed fun to be had.

This is only enjoyable when there aren't others on the road. Specifically after 10, before 7. But in the morning you've got bicycles. So late at night is the clearest. That's the rational for the time.

Plus it's Saturday night, generally people already go out that night... this is just another place to go if you're nearby. Hang out at the meet and don't drive if it's too late to do both. I'd love for people to do what makes them happy.

Also hey, you've liked some of my instagram pictures. *waves hi*

Comment

Bump for Saturday night. It's a once-a-month meet, so if not this weekend, I hope to see you guys later.

Comment

PV is the last place to drive at night. RPV is flooded with cops just waiting for modded cars to roll up there. Im sure you know they don't like anyone but their own up there. Dont get me wrong there are some nice roads up there. Maybe a go for 3-4 cars max but not a convoy lol.

Comment

Alright so don't drive afterwards, just enjoy yourself at the meet. There's always a reason to have fun.

Comment

You should come, it's this Sunday.

@IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                          X