Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some guy totaled his e30 in DTLA, what should he do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some guy totaled his e30 in DTLA, what should he do?

Since it's beyond repair, he's asking about where to sell it, i.e. junkyards or metal scrappers for tax deductions or whatever. I don't know him, I'm posting just because an extra car in a yard might be beneficial to us as parts.

Here's the original thread, on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskLosAngele...w_in_downtown/

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Get his contact info and let's go pilage the car.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
      Get his contact info and let's go pilage the car.
      In :hitler:

Comment

Heres my contact number, I'm thinking about parting out my E30. I wanted to sell it whole, but I can't figure out its no spark issue. It was running before i stopped driving it. (cracked oil pan)

Comment

Originally posted by bcusitsjeff View Post
          I'm thinking about parting out my E30.
          What's on the car, is it all stock?

Comment

Pics

Hey y'all. Chilezen was kind enough to make a post here, so I figured I could take the time to register and post in it.

Super bummed about the loss of this thing. Such a blast to drive, like a little race car/go cart/etc. But I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here...

http://imgur.com/a/rBdBE
            Here are a few pictures of the car, including damage. I originally purchased it from a close friend who is mechanic at Beverly Hills BMW, so he's taken care of it the whole time. The engine is in great shape, and it has an aftermarket performance chip worth about $150 (I'm told) but not many other engine mods or upgrades I'm aware of.

Transmission is manual and works flawlessly. Drove like a dream until some lady smashed me about a month ago.

Redid brake pads and calipers within the last 6 months.
            Steering assembly replaced within last 6 months
            Air Conditioning is non-functional despite replacing the blower 3 times.

There's also a 15" subwoofer and amp that came with the car if anyone is into that sort of thing. I'm sure it's not top of the line, but I can take a couple pics if there's interest.

I'm getting offers of 450-550 from these junk car removal places, but I would much rather see this thing go to someone who loves E30s and could really use it for a project.

Thanks!

Comment

Cool thanks dude! How many miles on it? What's the interior material/condition?

I've got a small list, nothing is pertinent but at the right price anything could be bought: muffler, cat, CPS, in-tank/pickup fuel pump, inline pump, sunroof, and whatever else I see on site.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                Cool thanks dude! How many miles on it? What's the interior material/condition?

I've got a small list, nothing is pertinent but at the right price anything could be bought: muffler, cat, CPS, in-tank/pickup fuel pump, inline pump, sunroof, and whatever else I see on site.
                Hey. The engine has about 216K miles on it, and everything mechanical works great. The interior is in pretty bad shape, so I wouldn't count on getting anything great in there. All the rest of it should be worth getting. Feel free to DM me for the address and swing by.

Comment

Haven't gotten anything solid from the forum post so it's going on Craigslist. Still happier to get the car to someone who appreciates it. Holler if you're interested in coming by, y'all.

Comment

Working...
                  X