Potential buyers beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential buyers beware

If you are considering looking at or buying this car, the seller used to be my roommate and friend, the complete drivetrain he is offering with the car belongs to me, everything from the exhaust to the ecu, turbo, manifold, trans, driveshaft etc. this was the original turbo setup I had in my delphin car. we had an agreement that he would make payments to me for everything monthly, however when he moved back to SoCal he took everything with him and I haven't heard from him since. I've tried to contact him with no success. He owes me 3200 dollars for everything and is being very shady about it. Steer clear of this seller!
    Last edited by Rc 415; 07-16-2015, 06:26 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
    LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
    Build Thread
    1993 alpine 2 325IC
    •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Ah. Now the pictures loaded up.
    Last edited by TimeMachinE30; 07-16-2015, 06:25 AM.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Why don't I just go out there, act like I'm interested in the car, and then muscle him into giving you what is owed? For a fee of course.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Some one should give you your $3200.00 balance, and go get the car from this dude.

this way you get your moneys. someone comes up. this guy wont owe you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
          Why don't I just go out there, act like I'm interested in the car, and then muscle him into giving you what is owed? For a fee of course.
          How much of a fee? Only flaw in this plan is that he is obviously broke otherwise he wouldn't be trying to fire sale it.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
          LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
          Build Thread
          1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

saw that... lame
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

why dont you just get the cops involved?

Comment

A-Ha!

[IMG][/IMG]I thought it was the same car!

Yes, I saw it when you first posted on your LS project. Someone inquired about the red M3 tribute. You said you might be turboing it.

When I saw this on craigs, I looked at the location knowing that yours was up north and I thought: not the same car.

Did you give him the title? If you did, I am not sure, you have any recourse.

He could claim it was a gift.

In this thread, you acknowledge that it was HIS car.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Last edited by Javier h; 07-20-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Maybe he is trying to sell it to pay back what he owes? Maybe

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                  Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

The chassis itself is his, the complete drivetrain is mine, there's really no way to legally prove its mine so getting cops involved wouldn't help much I think. If he was planning to pay me in sure he wouldn't be completely ignoring me.

1987 Delphin 325IS
                    Build Thread
                    1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

Cant believe types of ppl like this exist
                      -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
                      -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
                      Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
                      For more updates:)
                      Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Couldn't you put a lein on the car? Maybe through small claims court?
                        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by dogze30 View Post
                          why dont you just get the cops involved?
                          It is a civil issue, not a criminal one. The guy didn't own up to his end of a civil agreement. Letter from an attorney and/or small claims court is the way to handle it. Hopefully OP has a written agreement or some type of email or text from the POS admitting he owes money.

Good luck OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rc 415 View Post
                            The chassis itself is his, the complete drivetrain is mine, there's really no way to legally prove its mine so getting cops involved wouldn't help much I think. If he was planning to pay me in sure he wouldn't be completely ignoring me.

where did you get the drivetrain from? anyhow maybe you still can report it stolen since the numbers dont match his car and he has no paperwork for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X