Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand New Car Cover Stolen Off My E30 M3 Last Night

Hey guys,

kinda pissed right now. I woke up this morning and my 4 week old car cover was stolen off my salmon silver e30 m3. The car cover was over $200. Its the Titan 5L cover for the e30. The cover has a "rustoleum" logo spray painted on the front in black and on the rear is embroidered with the "Empire Covers" logo.

I lived off highway 8 near SDSU, if any of you see it pop up for sale or on craigslist please let me know.

I know this may be a long shot but also know the e30 community consists of great people who like to help.

thanks in advance!

-Josh

DD '03 AW M3

In college I also had a cover stolen so I feel your pain. Since it happened at your house, it's time to use a cable/lock or two or garage it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I'll keep an eye out. Sorry bro. Was it M3 specific?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      In college I also had a cover stolen so I feel your pain. Since it happened at your house, it's time to use a cable/lock or two or garage it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I'll keep an eye out. Sorry bro. Was it M3 specific?
      I just ordered a cable/lock and another cover, thanks for the tip. I am going to garage it as well, just sucks because I use my garage as a shop to. I appreciate it Barry!

thanks,
      Josh

DD '03 AW M3

Comment

last year I had my custom made cover stolen off my 996tt that was made to accommodate the huge GT3 carbon wing setup...I guess all you can do to DETER these types of theft would be a cable lock (which is what I have now for my e30 cover).

I assume it was some homeless person looking for a blanket...unfortunately for me it was a $400 blanket that I paid for

Comment

Originally posted by XwalkerX View Post
          last year I had my custom made cover stolen off my 996tt that was made to accommodate the huge GT3 carbon wing setup...I guess all you can do to DETER these types of theft would be a cable lock (which is what I have now for my e30 cover).

I assume it was some homeless person looking for a blanket...unfortunately for me it was a $400 blanket that I paid for
          damn that's a bummer. It just pisses me off that one works so hard to earn personal belongings and low lifes just disrespect that.

DD '03 AW M3

Comment

Dang dude...that sucks! I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Comment

At least it wasn't the car. Sucks none the less

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
              ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

I'll keep 'em peeled.
                sigpic
                1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

I live fairly near and attend SDSU. Will keep my eyes open for them!
                  Instagram: @derkm

Comment

terrible... the things ppl do..
                    -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
                    -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
                    Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
                    For more updates:)
                    Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Thanks guys. Ya I am lucky it wasn't the car.

DD '03 AW M3

Comment

My question is this:

Is a cable lock really a deterrent, or an invitation to damage the car?

My general observation has been that dickheads view car covers as an invitation for vandalism anyway, so...
                        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

I once thought my car cover was stolen off my E46, come to find out a week later, the wind had blown it off (tight fitting one too), and it had blown into some shrubbery in the parking lot over from where it was parked.
                          www.instagram.com/snwmble
                          #snwmble

Current:
                          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Nothing will stop someone from vandalizing a car parked outside. There's just no way around that...covered or not. They were obviously only after the cover in this case and a cable lock is just an added security measure. It takes only a few seconds to take the car cover off otherwise. That's a fast $100 minimum if someone were to resell it.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I have a cable holding mine down and it for sure could be blown off and down the street. Mine doesn't even have a lock just a hook
                              "I wanna see da boat movie"
                              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Working...
                              X