Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb e30 hardtop in California

Hello
    Anyone in California have a convertible hardtop for sale, preferably Northern California. I can be reached at 831-818-8205. If interested I have a manual softop that I can use for partial trade or just cash. Thanks, Geoff.

go on instagram and find a guy named e30projects he has a nice one for sale 2k. he's in SD but your probably gonna travel either way
    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

hardtop wanted

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
      go on instagram and find a guy named e30projects he has a nice one for sale 2k. he's in SD but your probably gonna travel either way

That is what I was afraid of, there is actually a guy in the DC area that has one for 1,100. Been thinkin.... Thanks, Geoff

Comment

Wherever you get it, if the glass is broken the top is basically worthless (replacement glass is non-existent). The pins on either side to mount it to the body are ~$200 each if they are missing and you have to buy them new. The covers that hide the pins are ~$40 each if they are missing and you have to buy them new. The adjustment wrench for the pin is ~$30 if it's missing and you have to buy it new.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Isn't the rear glass the same as an E30 M3?
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
            Isn't the rear glass the same as an E30 M3?
            No clue, that would be interesting if it was true though...
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Hardtop

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
              Wherever you get it, if the glass is broken the top is basically worthless (replacement glass is non-existent). The pins on either side to mount it to the body are ~$200 each if they are missing and you have to buy them new. The covers that hide the pins are ~$40 each if they are missing and you have to buy them new. The adjustment wrench for the pin is ~$30 if it's missing and you have to buy it new.
              Thank you very much for the heads up,was actually wondering about where to get the wrench, did not even think about the dealer. The back window someone else told me that as well but wasn't sure. One ad I seen, a guy in DC had one, and it appeared to be missing the side plates. I would really like to know about the possibility of interchangeability of the M3. Also someone else said that if you remove the fabric to replace or leave off for that matter, that you need to remove the back glass and I'm now sure but may also need to be replaced all together? Also are the rubber seals still available as well? Thanks to all who gave me input on this it is very much appreciated.

Comment

A lot of those parts can be bought through Turner, ECS, Pelican, Blunt, etc. If you want to go to the dealer, BMW of Atlanta, GA sells everything basically at cost and will ship anywhere. So they make money by selling a ton, which pisses off other dealers trying to to mark shit up.

You can re-glue a sagging headliner without taking out the glass, but it won't look perfect. (which is fine for me)

I think some of the seals may be available, but probably expensive as fuck. Look up their part numbers on realoem.com, then google that number to see who is selling them.
                sigpic

Comment

I think to buy all new seals for all of the windows except for the hardtop was around $500 dollars from a dealer I work with. I believe the hardtop seal alone was $600 or it could have been $1100 :) For some reason I did not buy it...but the seal isn't likely to be bad anyway and I think it's only one large seal that wraps around the front like a U-shape. It's been a while since I checked.

I never had the adjustment wrench. I just used a small crescent wrench or a 1/4, 3/8 open ended wrench, one of those works just fine.
                  Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Working...
                  X