Socal Flywheel Lightnening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Socal Flywheel Lightnening

Can anyone recommend a place to get my flywheel lightened, preferably in the Pomona Valley or nearby areas?
    I've found Top End Performance and may end up going with them out in Chatsworth, but I'm wondering if there's anyone more local to me that I could use. I also am curious if anyone has experience with lightened flywheels vs lightweight flywheels any help is appreciated.
    -Current-
    90 325i Coupe - Alpinaweiß II
    -Previous-
    92 525i 5speed Touring - Diamantschwarz Metallic
    03 540i Msport 6 Speed - Sterling Grau Metallic

Try calling your local machine shops. Due to the 24v motor that was installed, the flywheel in our e30 required some shaving down. I paid @ $85 to lighten it to 12 lbs, that included shaving both sides fwiw. R3v's quickly after the the weight reduction.
    I have no experience with lightened vs light weight.
    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bradmer View Post
      Try calling your local machine shops. Due to the 24v motor that was installed, the flywheel in our e30 required some shaving down. I paid @ $85 to lighten it to 12 lbs, that included shaving both sides fwiw. R3v's quickly after the the weight reduction.
      I have no experience with lightened vs light weight.
      Good luck!
      I used Vellio's Machine Shop. Over the phone they seemed a little hesitant, but I took the flywheel down and showed them what I wanted handed them a $100bill and picked it up 2 days later... I will be doing the same soon on this next car when it gets the 5-speed swap done
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
      X