Visiting San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting San Francisco

Visiting San Fransisco tomorrow. Any recommendations on things to do/see? We'll obviously hit up some of the more popular stuff but anything that might be underappreciared. Also if anyone knows of a cheap manual rwd bmw in the area maybe even around Fresno to get to rip on the mountains would be sick. (Not gonna see this in Illinois :/) Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Look on Turo.com to rent a car from a person vs a rental agency. Better selection for cool cars.

As far as things to see:

Ride the ferry around the bay. It's relatively inexpensive.

Check out Land's End/Sutro Baths in SF

The dome in the palace of fine arts is cool.

If you're in Golden Gate Park, there's a free elevator in the de Young museum that you can take up to an observation tower and get a cool view of the city/park.

When you head up to Mt. Tamalpais, stop in Sausalito. I really liked going to Sausalito at night . There's a restaurant there called Bar Bocce that I really enjoyed after hiking. The patio is right on the water and they have heaters everywhere. Great food/drinks.

If you want to do a little hiking on Mt Tam, go to cataract trail at the top -- it will blow your mind: https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/...cataract-trail

So much shit to do in the city. Watch out for scammers on the street and expect everything to smell like piss lol.
    91 318i LS Swap In Progress - Build Thread

Divided Being Motorsports - Youtube Channel / Build Log

www.dividedbeing.com

Successful Transactions With : AWDBOB

Comment

Originally posted by DividedBeing View Post
      Look on Turo.com to rent a car from a person vs a rental agency. Better selection for cool cars. As far as things to see: Ride the ferry around the bay. It's relatively inexpensive. Check out Land's End/Sutro Baths in SF The dome in the palace of fine arts is cool. If you're in Golden Gate Park, there's a free elevator in the de Young museum that you can take up to an observation tower and get a cool view of the city/park. When you head up to Mt. Tamalpais, stop in Sausalito. I really liked going to Sausalito at night . There's a restaurant there called Bar Bocce that I really enjoyed after hiking. The patio is right on the water and they have heaters everywhere. Great food/drinks. If you want to do a little hiking on Mt Tam, go to cataract trail at the top -- it will blow your mind: https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/...cataract-trail So much shit to do in the city. Watch out for scammers on the street and expect everything to smell like piss lol.
      Fantastic! Just what I was looking for. Any other hikes you'd recommend? Doesn't matter how strenuous, just smth that can be done in a day. Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alamere Falls at Pt. Reyes - a hike where you end up at a waterfall that runs into the ocean. Super beautiful and one of my absolute favorite hikes in the area.

Mt. Diablo is awesome for hiking

Wildcat Canyon

Tilden Regional Park

Sibley Volcanic Preserve

Lake Chabot

There's great hikes all over the hills

Grizzly Peak in the Oakland hills is an incredible spot to see a great view of the bay and watch the sun set.
        So is Indian Rock in the Berkeley Hills -- seems to always be a dude there playing Hang Drum

If you get a chance, go check out the old naval base on Alameda Island -- you can see/tour some war ships there too.
        There's a great distillery on the base you can tour taste some booze at called St. George Spirits.

www.dividedbeing.com

Comment

Also, in Golden Gate Park, across from the De Young museum -- The California Academy of Sciences which is an aquarium, planetarium, indoor rainforest, and natural history museum. It's really, really cool. Might be like $30 to get in, but super worth it. Every Thursday they have "Night Life" where you can buy drinks and get drunk while you walk around looking at crazy sea animals and whatnot.

www.dividedbeing.com

Comment

Originally posted by DividedBeing View Post
            Also, in Golden Gate Park, across from the De Young museum -- The California Academy of Sciences which is an aquarium, planetarium, indoor rainforest, and natural history museum. It's really, really cool. Might be like $30 to get in, but super worth it. Every Thursday they have "Night Life" where you can buy drinks and get drunk while you walk around looking at crazy sea animals and whatnot.
            Im going to try to hit up as many as those hikes as possible. The academy of sciences sounds amazing, just shame I need another 3 years to enjoy the Night Life :/ Youve given me probably more than I can do while I'm here but if you have any ideas def lmkkk. Thanks man! Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well have fun, brotha. The Academy is awesome either way, so hit it up if you can.

That's definitely a lot to cram in there, but you can't go wrong with any of the stuff I listed. Let me know what you end up checking out after you get back!

www.dividedbeing.com

Comment

walk across the GG Bridge with a corkless whiskey bottle. You don't have one of those in Illinois. sent from hell using tapatalk
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                '90 325i sedan daily driven
                '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

While you're in San Fran make sure not to step in any shit (you can do this by installing SnapCrap on your smartphone... yes the poop problem in San Fran is so bad someone came up with an app for it). Also steer clear of areas with large homeless encampments. I would find such a thing an eyesore and from some videos I've seen on Youtube the homeless in CA are starting to get violent.
                  1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                  1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post
                    While you're in San Fran make sure not to step in any shit (you can do this by installing SnapCrap on your smartphone... yes the poop problem in San Fran is so bad someone came up with an app for it). Also steer clear of areas with large homeless encampments. I would find such a thing an eyesore and from some videos I've seen on Youtube the homeless in CA are starting to get violent.
                    If you think that's bad, you should come up to Seattle. The homeless and crazies are far worse than anything we have in Canada (and i live in Vancouver). In Seattle, they will deliberately go out of their way to harass you/pick a fight etc., not for money but just because they can!

In Canada I can stroll thru the worst areas for drugs and homelessness and the most I'll experience is some unpleasant smells/views. Aside from that nobody will bother me...not even for spare change
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Wow you were right about the smell. My grandparents decided they wanted to come to, so any hiking went out of the window but we improvised. I got to drive around and even down Lombard street was fun. We checked out Chinatown as well which was fine. Food was mint. Super touristy trap otherwise but whatever. We also went to the Golden Gate bridge to see what that was about. And finally ended with the Palace of Fine Arts which was my favorite thing that we visited. GP didn't want to the academy but that'll leave me smth for next time. My uncle (who I'm visiting) is all the way in Clovis so we had to drive around 3h in each direction which also killed a bit of the day, but I hyped him up on the hikes you sent over so we'll see if we can go to a hotel in the area to make hitting up more than 2-3 spots possible. 1 thing I gotta say though is holy shit there is no lane etiquette. i thought Chicago was bad cuz it took some ppl some time to gtfo the way but here its like line of 10-15 cars all on the left with the right COMPLETELY open. I was dipping into the right way more than I shouldve been. At least the speed limits were generous and there weren't any cops. Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X