What are my options - State Referee modified exhaust ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so any updates?

I got out of a ticket since I went to court ready to find out how the officer heard more than 95 DB coming out of the exhaust, but laws on the exhaust have changed recently to make you go to a referee station and charge a lot to recertify....?

easiest thing to do is find another car like yours and temporarily swap dashes.. with the VIN number on it...;)

Comment

Originally posted by e30strokr View Post
      so any updates?

I got out of a ticket since I went to court ready to find out how the officer heard more than 95 DB coming out of the exhaust, but laws on the exhaust have changed recently to make you go to a referee station and charge a lot to recertify....?

easiest thing to do is find another car like yours and temporarily swap dashes.. with the VIN number on it...;)
      The car is registered and smogged now. I hired a lawyer yesterday to fight the ticket.

Yes it seems recently the laws changed to give the officer more power to do what he did. I don't know if I just went to the court to ask the same question the ticket would be dropped, but I don't want to take a chance.

Lol there's like a dozen other places the vin is stamped/stickered.... I would not consider finding/buying/borrowing another bronzit e30 and swapping dashes to be easy at all
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

so any updates?

Felony
        We're in deep now boys
        1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
        1988 340iL - Track car
        My M60 V8 swap thread here
        [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post

Felony
          easiest.. not smartest..lol

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post

Felony

easiest.. not smartest..lol
            honestly, neither easiest nor smartest. especially not in this state
            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

So what was the fate of this car? Hope it went well

Comment

Working...
              X