Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTA Area General Chat

Hey all,

I've seen a few other regions have threads dedicated to their specific region and I think the GTA needs one considering spring is just around the corner. Not to mention I have see quite a few people posting here regularly from the GTA / Ontario area.

I'm hoping I get to bump into some of you throughout the coming summer months!
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Great idea for a thread Steve! :)

I'm excited to start working on my cars when it's actually warm enough to feel my fingers after working on a project for 15 minutes. We're definitely working toward a proper heated garage as soon as we can manage it.

We need to get everyone local out to a meet or two this season, and most definitely to Tedfest in the summer.

Comment

Count me in. :) The Canada section was almost entirely spam the last time I checked which is kind of depressing, but I know there are a bunch of people from the GTA around on r3v.
      1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
      Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

Im in the middle of Toronto. So is Ceeker.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
          Great idea for a thread Steve! :)

I'm excited to start working on my cars when it's actually warm enough to feel my fingers after working on a project for 15 minutes. We're definitely working toward a proper heated garage as soon as we can manage it.

We need to get everyone local out to a meet or two this season, and most definitely to Tedfest in the summer.
          I'll definitely be at TedFest this year. I went last year but only had a quick walk around and had to leave (my dog was getting restless haha).
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Any idea if bimmercruise is still around. Have been trying to look it up but looks like it hasnt existed since 2014 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoole34 View Post
              Any idea if bimmercruise is still around. Have been trying to look it up but looks like it hasnt existed since 2014 now.
              I checked last year, and Bimmercruise had been combined with Berlin Klassik.

Shockwave and I are thinking of organizing an E30 / classic BMW meet & cruise this summer north of the city. It would be cool to get some kind of regular E30 meet going throughout the year, too. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Comment

Lots of cool roads north of the city. Im in. Just a matter of getting the word out. I am north of the city so all for it.

Berlin Klassic is a good show. Especially at the Guelph location. Really enjoyed it last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
                  I checked last year, and Bimmercruise had been combined with Berlin Klassik.

Shockwave and I are thinking of organizing an E30 / classic BMW meet & cruise this summer north of the city. It would be cool to get some kind of regular E30 meet going throughout the year, too. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Lots of cool roads north of the city. Im in. Just a matter of getting the word out. I am north of the city so all for it.

Berlin Klassic is a good show. Especially at the Guelph location. Really enjoyed it last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                    I'll definitely be at TedFest this year. I went last year but only had a quick walk around and had to leave (my dog was getting restless haha).
                    Awesome - glad you'll be there! It was a lot of fun last year. You definitely need tons of time to check out all of the cars. Plus if you stick around until the end, pretty much everyone ends up winning prizes in the raffle draw. And you have to make sure you get the free bread. ;)

Edit: In case anyone is interested, you can sign up for Tedfest here. :)
                    Last edited by Roadrunner; 03-18-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoole34 View Post
                      That's great! :mrgreen: We have a destination in mind that should be fun and unique, but still have to work out the details.

Comment

FYI - I'm located in the Fergus area and Elora is a great historic town to meet if you're looking for a good spot to meet. Not to mention a lot of people can take Forks of the Credit to get here if they want to.
                        Steve • Toronto
                        1991 318is • Brillantrot
                        Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                          FYI - I'm located in the Fergus area and Elora is a great historic town to meet if you're looking for a good spot to meet. Not to mention a lot of people can take Forks of the Credit to get here if they want to.
                          I'd never heard of Elora, so I looked it up and it looks like a gorgeous town! Apparently A.J. Casson from the Group of Seven "became addicted to sketching it," so that's pretty high praise!

Has anyone passed the Ontario safety inspection with an older car since they've changed it? I'm wondering what you're supposed to do if you need a part that is NLA to pass and can't source a replacement - do they expect you to scrap the car?

Comment

I'd never heard of Elora, so I looked it up and it looks like a gorgeous town! Apparently A.J. Casson from the Group of Seven "became addicted to sketching it," so that's pretty high praise!
                            Its a pretty great little town. A lot of history with a little bit of a european vibe. Not to mention the Elora Brewery is a great place to grab food or a drink.
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Has anyone passed the Ontario safety inspection with an older car since they've changed it? I'm wondering what you're supposed to do if you need a part that is NLA to pass and can't source a replacement - do they expect you to scrap the car?
                              How new are these changes?
                              I just safetied my 89' vert last April with no real issues. Definiately a bunch of non-oem parts in the car.

Had it done at Bavarian Motorsport up in Markham. Steve is a master with E30's (and any BMW for that matter).

Comment

Working...
                              X