X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruzen
    Originally posted by nando
    If I can't get my stuff installed before the meet i'll have to bum a ride with someone. My car is really in no condition to drive at all, let alone up to the meet. I swear my ball joints are about to go kapooosh.

And i can't get my bushings pressed until I know when we can work on it, cause I still use the car for my 5-10 mile commute to work.

So.. if anyone would be interested in having a 'fix kruzen's car' day sometime before the meet that'd be sweet.. just gotta find when people are available so i can get to work taking crap apart i guess to go get my bushings pressed in at the least.
    you have a month, what's the problem? I'm going to be changing heads, replacing wheel bearings and getting a new cat put in my car between now and then. suspension is easy!
    Because I need to take my car off the road for a few days in order to get it done, but i need my car for work unless i aboslute know people can help on specific days. How do people usually handle getting bushings pressed? If i take the stuff out of the car to go get them pressed.. i can't drive the car to go get it done :p lol.
    Buy another set of lollipops and then have them pressed at a NAPA with a press. Most large auto repair places will also have a press.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
      Buy another set of lollipops and then have them pressed at a NAPA with a press. Most large auto repair places will also have a press.
      that's what I did. I got the used lolipops for $35, and it cost me $10 to have them pressed in.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

for the Oregon meet up place, I elect the Jantzen Beach Super Center it has a big parking lot and very easy to get to by anyone cause it's right off I5 before you cross the river to Washington.

1405 Jantzen Beach Center
        Portland, Oregon 97217
        (meet in front of main entrance of target and barnes n nobles)

It takes approximately 2.5hrs of normal driving to get to Tacoma so if we're actually on time we'll make it there at about 8:30am, so we must leave at 6am to make it, so people should be at the meet up spot before 6am about 15min before so we can meet and greet and take off. Anyone have anything to add? please do so.

Comment

Luke's right, we need to finalize plans here.

I'll add them all together and sticky the thread after I add them to the first post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please:
          1. SoCal guys meeting NorCal guys around Sac (or other town)? - time? place (address)?

2. CA guys meeting OR guys in Portland. time? place (address)?

3. CA, OR, WA (southern) guys meeting at James Criv's pad at 8:30am.
          -James, just need your adddress

I'd like to have this really organized so we dont lose anybody. So if you have any info about when and where your respective group is meeting, plese just post it and I'll organize it in.
          Good new replies. :D

1) I dont know about the time specifics, but yes. I would like to meet up with as many Socal guys as possible with the norcal guys that are going in/around sacramento off I-5. I know Jon and Matt are apparently going to be going in Jons car, and he plans to leave early in the morning and just drive straight through during the day, get to WA and sleep. That sounds like a good idea to me too considering I have no codriver still and rest would kind of be mandatory somewhere.
          Not sure where to stop around Sac, I live an hour and a half away, someone there could probably figure something out. If not maybe just some rest stop.

2) I dont live up there, but what are the chances of actually coordinating this thing so we get to WA or at least somewhere in Portland at night on the 13th, meeting up in the evening, sleeping somewhere(?) (Us cali guys have a killer trip) then hitting the road really early.

Comment

Oh and I do agree with the sticky idea, this is kind of a PITA to keep track of. There should be a thread with basically just the origininating post being edited with plans, timeframes and who is going when. All that fun stuff.

Comment

I'll talk to my parents, but I'll probly still be living at home in august. I have places to sleep about 4-5 guys maybe more if you dont mind the floor. Norcal/Socal guys are welcome to sleep at my house. I only live about 15min from the Portland meet up spot.

Comment

That would be great. If it works out you can probably chalk me up for floor space 1. lol. Hopefully the cali guys would be down with staying the night somewhere, wherever it may be. I am beginning to realize even with a second person it'll still be really rough to drive straight through.

Comment

If anybody wants to come by the evening before and stay at my place i'm more then open to that as well.

just an FYI

Comment

OK, I've added the Oregon and WA information to the first post.

CA guys, figure our your shit and post it and I'll update the post.

This meet is going to be fucking awesome!
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Here is where I think would be a decent place to meet that would be in a good location for anybody coming from any direction in the area -- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../TargetSac.jpg
                      There's a few gas stations right nearby, food nearby too, and its hardly any distance from either Highway. There's always room in a target parking lot.

Posting it here, and I'll try to show some people that I know want to go from cali this idea and see what they think, or at least try to contact them and have them respond here.

PS - this google earth thing freakin rocks. check out where ANYTHING is, gas stations and all... pretty neat shit.

Comment

that's what I did. I got the used lolipops for $35, and it cost me $10 to have them pressed in.
                        bah.. more money to spend.. sigh.
                        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Let's everyone get cracking on getting our cars road worthy, I'm still trying ot get mine to be road legal, ugh.....I hate emissions. And lets have everyone help each other out with our cars, ok crew ready, break!

Comment

Word. I have ALOT of work to do.

Lets see:
                            Motor Swap
                            All related items to that
                            rear subframe swap 318---> 323i
                            Tranny swap
                            entire suspension swap
                            exhaust
                            interior swap

hmm pretty ez.

Comment

bah.. more money to spend.. sigh.
                              if you want to come to my shop this weekend i will help you... if i like you then its free... but if you're an idiot it will cost you ;)

(not in a gay way at all)

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

is this like the mother of all e30 meets?? how far is oregon from detriot?

Comment

Working...
                                X