No announcement yet.

All You Potential E30 Picnic Goers - READ HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love all the feedback everyone. Now that we have solidified that we are going to do the tech day we gotta figure out what we should do sessions on. Right now I am pretty sure we will have one about turbos and one about the MS5X swaps. I will also be doing one on car care, but you guys should let me know what aspects of car care you would like it to be about. Then comes the topics of maintenance. I think valve adjustments would be good, but I would like your guys' opinions on some other things that we could/should do. What other routene things would be good for this?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
      I love all the feedback everyone. Now that we have solidified that we are going to do the tech day we gotta figure out what we should do sessions on. Right now I am pretty sure we will have one about turbos and one about the MS5X swaps. I will also be doing one on car care, but you guys should let me know what aspects of car care you would like it to be about. Then comes the topics of maintenance. I think valve adjustments would be good, but I would like your guys' opinions on some other things that we could/should do. What other routene things would be good for this?
      Valve adjustment, timing belts, control arms/bushings.

General repair stuff, and we can also provide a glance into the world of building the M20

Comment

Basic stuff, i.e. a simple brake job (swapping pads and rotors). You would be surprised how many people would consider doing their own brakes if they saw the process done once.

Also, just pointing out how to check controls arms for wear, etc.
        Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
        www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
          Basic stuff, i.e. a simple brake job (swapping pads and rotors). You would be surprised how many people would consider doing their own brakes if they saw the process done once.

Also, just pointing out how to check controls arms for wear, etc.
          ...or even bleeding brakes. It wouldn't take any extra time if someone bled the fluid as the brakes are swapped, especially with a Griot's demo brake fluid extractor.

Comment

Okay, I'm seriously considering an oil pan change a possibility.

Cause if I make the trip up there with the car, chances are the pan will be busted on the way anyway.
            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
              Okay, I'm seriously considering an oil pan change a possibility.

Cause if I make the trip up there with the car, chances are the pan will be busted on the way anyway.
              Skid plate made out of the blood of a million gods?

Comment

oil pan DIY FTW hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                  Skid plate made out of the blood of a million gods?
                  spartan shield skid plate ftw
                  R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                    Matt's e30 trailer. :D

BTW - This doesn't happen until June, so you have plenty of time to plan a trip.
                    Hey you know what...

Count me in for next year. This will give me a mandate to get my car and my own butt in gear for the 2008 season. Plus, I need to get out of this section of the globe anyway. What better way than to come hang out, photograph, and take notes on how to have a really great meet.
                    '
                    I always liked WA anyway,

Plus the CINChouse said I can go.

I will be following your link, and maybe if you don't mind a few PM's, get a feel for what I need to bring when I come.

Thanks for the invite,

I'll do my best to walk the honor you have given,

Stumps:crazy:

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
                      It would be fun for most, but would likely be embarrassing to the actual nominees, making owners of any sub-par e30's self conscious and thus resulting in less cars the next year. But if these extra contests are held, hold them during the tech fest on Saturday with the more intimate crowd.
                      I disagree, Cramer's idea is fun.

Seems like it would all be good fun - I got to say it's the 'average car' type gathering that makes it fun to me. I'm down there just to meet some new people & drool on Keith's car (I'll bring a slobberrag next year Keith, sorry.)

If it was a ton of guys trying to "out-Euro" each other it would be a boring snobfest. I'd still go for a burger, but it wouldn't be nearly the fun it is.

If it's that big of a deal, maybe have a "DO NOT JUDGE" box on the window / dash hangtag, that way if someone really was that sensitive, they wouldn't have to worry about getting called out.

That's coming from the guy with a shoe-in for "worst paint" - I'd get a good laugh out of people making fun of my paint.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                        I disagree, Cramer's idea is fun.
                        seriously, don't be so sensitive. I don't think I've ever seen a "perfect" E30, almost all of them have a flaw or some sort. Even that super-low mileage henna M3 - you know the one, you could eat off the engine bay? his wheels are disgusting. :p

Mine has a ton of flaws. I just try to hide them best as I can :p
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by stumpsbmwm3 View Post
                          Hey you know what...

Count me in for next year. This will give me a mandate to get my car and my own butt in gear for the 2008 season. Plus, I need to get out of this section of the globe anyway. What better way than to come hang out, photograph, and take notes on how to have a really great meet.
                          '
                          I always liked WA anyway,

Plus the CINChouse said I can go.

I will be following your link, and maybe if you don't mind a few PM's, get a feel for what I need to bring when I come.

Thanks for the invite,

I'll do my best to walk the honor you have given,

Stumps:crazy:

PMs are more than welcome. I'm pretty sure you will win for longest traveled. I've got some car wash and a couch waiting for you when you get here.

-Derek
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            Mine has a ton of flaws. I just try to hide them best as I can :p

You do ok with that. Your car looks factory freakin new.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 10/10ths View Post
                              yeah, but I have things like black duct tape on my seats to hide the rips. LOL
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 10/10ths View Post
                                I take it back, what with the duct tape.

I dont even have duct tape on my car...wait, actually it holds the whole thing it together
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X